Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If we traded the pick with Fournier for JR Smith and let Vuc and Ross go we'd have somewhere in the 32 million ballpark

For Brogdon and another guy? 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If we traded the pick with Fournier for JR Smith and let Vuc and Ross go we'd have somewhere in the 32 million ballpark

2 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

For whatever. I'm not sure we'll even go after brogdon. I was just pointing out that he's a plausible target and that Milwaukee isn't guaranteed to keep him at all costs based on what's been out there for the past few months

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We’d have to release the cap holds for Ross and Vooch in this scenario, sacrificing their bird rights, correct?

I would welcome Brogdon, and think this rumor could be viable; Hammond has ties, Bucks will have high salaries, he fits our timeline, 2 way player, will start not come off bench and if Vooch is gone then Evan won’t be happy. Just saying the optics look promising. 

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That trade won't work, because Smith's salary isn't guaranteed, so the numbers don't match up. Also, Fournier already makes more than Smith, so adding the pick makes it even more lopsided financially. 

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

That trade won't work, because Smith's salary isn't guaranteed, so the numbers don't match up. Also, Fournier already makes more than Smith, so adding the pick makes it even more lopsided financially. 

It works because his contract was signed under the old cba so he's grandfathered in

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It works because his contract was signed under the old cba so he's grandfathered in

I suppose it is possible that the Trade Machine is wrong, god knows there are so many exceptions to every rule, it isn't unheard of. But even if it works, I would still have to say absolutely not to make a run at an RFA that the existing team could match, and it would have to be a top-20 guy in the league if you are going to give up Fournier, #16, and any chance to resign Ross and/or Vuc. It almost would have to be a Durant, or Leonard. I'm not really sure who else this summer I would be willing to give up that much for - maybe Klay Thompson or Kemba Walker, probably not on Kyrie Irving or Jimmy Butler. And I really don't think any of those guys are going to be willing to sign here at that point. They would be signing on to play with minimum contract fillers, and the following:

Augustine/Fultz

Iwundu

Isaac/Frazier

Gordon

Bamba/Mozgov

If you were in their position, would you sign on to play with that team if you were in your prime and chasing a 'ship?

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I suppose it is possible that the Trade Machine is wrong, god knows there are so many exceptions to every rule, it isn't unheard of. But even if it works, I would still have to say absolutely not to make a run at an RFA that the existing team could match, and it would have to be a top-20 guy in the league if you are going to give up Fournier, #16, and any chance to resign Ross and/or Vuc. It almost would have to be a Durant, or Leonard. I'm not really sure who else this summer I would be willing to give up that much for - maybe Klay Thompson or Kemba Walker, probably not on Kyrie Irving or Jimmy Butler. And I really don't think any of those guys are going to be willing to sign here at that point. They would be signing on to play with minimum contract fillers, and the following:

Augustine/Fultz

Iwundu

Isaac/Frazier

Gordon

Bamba/Mozgov

If you were in their position, would you sign on to play with that team if you were in your prime and chasing a 'ship?

This was more a discussion spawning from the presumption that the guy with the source was being honest and how that would happen. 

My plan would be basically just limit any long term spending and run back the young core unless a guy specifically wants to come here.