Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. 76ers - Monday, March. 25th at 7:00 P.M.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That was a very enjoyable game. Fournier, MCW, Birch were hustling hard.

The only negative is Isaac being criminally underutilized, but hopefully it will change next season.

This Miami game will be insane

YEA. . I feel the same way. Isaac needs to be utilized more other than keeping him behind the 3 point line. I think they want him to take a Pietrus type of role. Defensive machine with 3 point shot. I think he can be better than that. Whatever works.  He should be able to dominate againts the Heat. 

The Sixers probably would not have received a first-round pick back in the deal if they insisted on Terrence Ross instead of Jonathon Simmons in the Markelle Fultz trade. But with the team trying to win this year, doesn't it seem like that should have been a no-brainer? Ross is eons better than Simmons, fits what they need much better, and would have actually contributed to winning games.

How they use that first-round pick will impact how we view that trade, but any time Simmons has to hop into the rotation, it's a painful sight.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/instant-observations-sixers-magic-joel-embiid-jimmy-butler-tobias-harris/

there's a good chance we'd have the 6 seed locked up if we had taken Simmons and Grant out of the rotation earlier

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/instant-observations-sixers-magic-joel-embiid-jimmy-butler-tobias-harris/

there's a good chance we'd have the 6 seed locked up if we had taken Simmons and Grant out of the rotation earlier

Nah. We tried giving briscoe the job in game 3 and he looked horrible. Worse than Grant. He was a different player in late January than he was in November. 

Iwundu probably could have taken Simmons' minutes from game 1 but I'm not sure if that really results in more wins. 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. We tried giving briscoe the job in game 3 and he looked horrible. Worse than Grant. He was a different player in late January than he was in November. 

Iwundu probably could have taken Simmons' minutes from game 1 but I'm not sure if that really results in more wins. 

I also think Iwundu has been the better player this year- but would we have been able to get Fultz for Simmons + a low first if Simmons had been benched?

13 minutes ago, Odin said:

I also think Iwundu has been the better player this year- but would we have been able to get Fultz for Simmons + a low first if Simmons had been benched?

Probably not. 

I just realized there's a decent chance that first becomes two seconds. It conveys next year but OKC is currently in the 19 spot. If they repeat this season next year no first. 

11 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I didn’t realize it until just now, but there’s a not-zero chance that we play and beat Philly in next year’s playoffs with Markelle, MCW, and Vooch all being main contributors on our team.

If we keep all three next year i think we should offer Redick the mid-level exception and call our selves the new Process.

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably not. 

I just realized there's a decent chance that first becomes two seconds. It conveys next year but OKC is currently in the 19 spot. If they repeat this season next year no first. 

Yeah, it has been my feeling for a while that it will turn into second rounders. It is just easier to refer to it as a late 1st.

19 minutes ago, Odin said:

Yeah, it has been my feeling for a while that it will turn into second rounders. It is just easier to refer to it as a late 1st.

Yeah Paul and Russell are getting old. Either one has a significant injury next year and that team will fall way back.

30 minutes ago, Odin said:

When we made that trade OKC was third in the West. Now they're tied for 6th. I figured it'd be the 25th pick.