Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Welcome Markelle Fultz glad to have ya

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I listened to this post on another (lesser) site and this is a great interview with Hammond. I think that the mistake that Philly made with this kid was not giving him enough time to clear both body and mind! 

The example that I will draw upon is the manner in which both Embid and Simmons were treated during their respective injury periods. Neither were rushed back, in fact, they (Sixers) were overly cautious in their issues. The pressure placed on the kid at 19 years old, who probably experienced real pressure for the first time in his life, struggled........he is still just a kid! IMHO  

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

http://www.nba.com/video/2019/02/08/20180208-gametime-what-orlando-getting-fultz

Interesting take by Caron Butler. A guy who went through a similar situation when he was in Miami earlier in his career and the change in scenario maked him eventuallly an All Star and NBA Champion. 

Great segment aside from the host totally writing  us off as a team that's not making the playoffs. I guess we'll see...

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/valleyofthesuns.com/2019/02/10/the-phoenix-suns-should-have-traded-for-markelle-fultz/amp/

funny how NOW people are looking at things. Phoenix getting burned for “not taking a chance” on Fultz. 

I honestly don't understand how more teams weren't interested in him for what he cost. He may not pan out but the risk vs reward is huge with him. I still think what we gave up is good value if he can only get back to the level he was early this season.

12 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I honestly don't understand how more teams weren't interested in him for what he cost. He may not pan out but the risk vs reward is huge with him. I still think what we gave up is good value if he can only get back to the level he was early this season.

It always cracks me up that analysts are like "I wouldn't have given up the first round pick"

The expected return on a 23-26 first rounder is shabazz Napier, Reggie Bullock, Rondae Hollis Jefferson. Good players but guys you can find in free agency all the time. 

Craving some Fultz news/updates...  

I guess we might here some more once he unites with the team after this road trip.

Studying up on his situation, hoping it really just boils down to continued focused rehab on his shoulder.  Any mental issue should be irrelevant with him no longer being in the Philly pressure cooker..

Only thing that concerns me is that clip of him standing up after tying his shoe and he had that weird glitch.. Anyone else catch that and have a logical explanation? Not sure how that could be TOS related