Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Rockets - Sunday, January 27 @ 7 pm

6 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Look I don't know I just saw the report and shared it.  Not gonna defend the fact he can play with more energy sometimes, but to say more lethargic than usual is not really fair.  

Well the dude isn't exactly Mr. Energetic. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Exactly!  Until the talent level of this team changes you are a fool for expecting anything different!  

It's not that we are garbage. We just need a point guard and some guys who can shoot consistently.

Just now, MagicOne said:

It's not that we are garbage. We just need a point guard and some guys who can shoot consistently.

Were are tied for the 6th worst record in the leaugue, we are not good.  Yeah maybe a superstar point point guard and some sharpshooters.

2 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Were are tied for the 6th worst record in the leaugue, we are not good.  Yeah maybe a superstar point point guard and some sharpshooters.

I mean can a team be this bad for this long ? It is baffling to me.

10 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I mean can a team be this bad for this long ? It is baffling to me.

I understand I am as frustrated as anybody.  But just my opinion is we never rebuilt the right way.  But to me quick fixes and a meaningless playoff appearence with a losing record doesn't really give me anymore hope for the future.  If the roster composition was different and it was BIG or other younger players we could aquire leading us in a playoff push right now I would feel totally different!

43 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

And I acknowledged that.  He's a rookie and might be able to change that.  I am personally high on his future upside.

I dunno.  Motor/energy/competitiveness is more attitude than skill.  You’d think rookies would actually be over enthusiastic.  Bamba’s lack of apparent effort at times (frequent) is very worrisome to me.  Skills you can improve or develop.  Not so sure about attitude.  

43 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

If we need more than 3 players to be a good team (PG and some guys who can shoot well as you stated) we are garbage at our current state. 

Also we tend to pencil in BIG and just assume that’s some great young nucleus but the reality is we have little evidence suggesting that to be the case. 

Im the least optimistic I’ve been in the future of our team than I’ve ever been during this rebuild.

I had more hope when we had Dipo, Harkless  Harris, Vuch.  I at least thought that core could be good (though probably never great). 

I am not convinced we have 1 sure thing on our team. We’ll see what happens and I’m obviously hoping for the best but I don’t see it. I see no light at the end of the tunnel right now.

I think this roster gets blown up by the summer. Couple moves be the deadline aimed at the future than more in the summer. 

It’s time to take the trash out.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I dunno.  Motor/energy/competitiveness is more attitude than skill.  You’d think rookies would actually be over enthusiastic.  Bamba’s lack of apparent effort at times (frequent) is very worrisome to me.  Skills you can improve or develop.  Not so sure about attitude.  

He's a smart kid and from all I have heard has a good work ethic.  I agree his motor is a concern, but the biggest thing for me is for him is to develop physically.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

If we need more than 3 players to be a good team (PG and some guys who can shoot well as you stated) we are garbage at our current state. 

Also we tend to pencil in BIG and just assume that’s some great young nucleus but the reality is we have little evidence suggesting that to be the case. 

Im the least optimistic I’ve been in the future of our team than I’ve ever been during this rebuild.

I had more hope when we had Dipo, Harkless  Harris, Vuch.  I at least thought that core could be good (though probably never great). 

I am not convinced we have 1 sure thing on our team. We’ll see what happens and I’m obviously hoping for the best but I don’t see it. I see no light at the end of the tunnel right now.

I think this roster gets blown up by the summer. Couple moves be the deadline aimed at the future than more in the summer. 

I am standing up clapping right now!!!  Thank you for saying this.  It's long overdue for Welt/Ham to be bold and put a plan in place moving forward!  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Out of +1’s but agree. 

• Upvote 2

I keep telling myself I’m not gonna watch anymore but I can’t help myself. Are we even sure Vooch and Ross would get us first round picks? ( I know towards the end of first round) if so then surely we have to pull the trigger. We need more than one first rounder, we need hope in new young players. I would much rather go youth movement than roll out a side with Vooch, Evan etc. I really can’t take this **** anymore!

• Upvote 2