Odin

Trade Thread

i just got done watching 30 minutes of DSJ last year... i didnt watch all his bad games so i'm taking this knowing i only watched the best. But his ability to drive into the paint is kemba walker ish... thats one of the things we lack right now is an actual penetrating PG...DJ has his moments, but he almost always ends up on the ground make or miss. DSJ actually is still standing after driving to the hole.

i have watched more top of the key passes to a rolling big to the rim that DSJ did last year then we have had in the last three.

I would love to see a young 4 core of DSJ, AG, JI & Bamba, plus whatever pick this year working together for the future

Evan Fournier & Simmons are Close to black hole players as we've ever had on this team. once they get the ball its a 80% chance they are taking the shot. I dont understand why they do this, but it kills our chemistry. 

Wes iwundu brings some great Defense and activity, but his shooting % is so atrocious i still would rather play him then Fournier and Simmons

2 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I mean we gotta beat this right?

how are we going to beat a 20pt Scorer and a backup PG in a trade? Our closest Shooting Guard player avgs 15pts

Yea we aren’t beating that NY offer if that’s real. You get a young raw backup with some potential and a guard that’s better then any guard on our team. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I don’t t trust ScoopB. I don’t think he makes stuff up but only chooses to report large market rumors. 

Yeah that guy takes rumors and guesses at trades then reports them. 

Like when he said last week that we were discussing a trade with New Orleans that was Ross for Solomon Hill and a pick that was based off someone else's rumor that said NOLA was interested in Ross. 

• Like 1

Guys.. Dallas doesnt want a salary like that. No reason for them to take On that salary when they can go after a guy like Ross in the summer for way less. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea we aren’t beating that NY offer if that’s real. You get a young raw backup with some potential and a guard that’s better then any guard on our team. 

Hardaway isn't good and paid big money through 2021.

Remember 2014 Afflalo when he averaged 20/4/4 the first half of the year because we had a bunch of young guys who were inconsistent and he was the only guy who could regularly find shots?

This is like that. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah that guy takes rumors and guesses at trades then reports them. 

Like when he said last week that we were discussing a trade with New Orleans that was Ross for Solomon Hill and a pick that was based off someone else's rumor that said NOLA was interested in Ross. 

He’s a major clickbait guy. His articles rarely have any substance or details. Plus he’s obsessed ( like a lot of media guys) with Laker news. Pretty much hinted that Durant to LA was a given and then switched to AD when Durant made the toxic comments. I actually followed him

on Twitter because TYT sports implied he was like a Woj. Definitely not. 

Also, every trade has to be viewed through the lens of doncic. While Ntilikina is someone that might make sense in the long term, pairing doncic with an average defender and a below average shooter who you're probably stuck with long term doesn't really make sense

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Also, every trade has to be viewed through the lens of doncic. While Ntilikina is someone that might make sense in the long term, pairing doncic with an average defender and a below average shooter who you're probably stuck with long term doesn't really make sense

I think going after a Patrick Beverly makes more sense for Dallas than Frank does today. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If that truly is the offer to beat I think we can beat it with Dj and Evan need be. They fit much better with Doncic. Brunson could learn a lot under Dj and Evan Would mesh better with Doncic than Hardaway IMO

9 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If that truly is the offer to beat I think we can beat it with Dj and Evan need be. They fit much better with Doncic. Brunson could learn a lot under Dj and Evan Would mesh better with Doncic than Hardaway IMO

I mean Evan fits better with doncic than hardaway and our pick it's more valuable than Frank. 

Phoenix is the team to watch out for. If they did something like Bridges, Jackson, and Anderson for DSJ and Matthews that would beat us. 

You get two young defenders, one a shooter and the other a slasher, and salary fodder basically. 

Edit: actually that Phoenix trade wouldn't work. Was looking at the wrong year for Anderson