Odin

Trade Thread

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh that's not really how that works. There's a depreciation in value as soon as that pick becomes a player when we're talking about role players. 

Like if we traded our second rounder for Ntilikina we're not trading a second rounder for a lotto pick. 

I don’t think that applies when the player exceeds expectations and is on their rookie deal

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I don’t think that applies when the player exceeds expectations and is on their rookie deal

Shamet is scoring 8ppg and does little besides spot up

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Shamet is scoring 8ppg and does little besides spot up

Shamet’s been playing 20+ mpg on a playoff team while shooting 40+% from three as a rookie. Every team in the league would trade a late first for the guy, which is why he’s being celebrated as a good part of the deal. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If they're stuck on getting two picks for Conley I wonder if they'd do our pick, the OKC pick, Fournier, and Mozgov for Conley. 

The more I read between the lines, I have trouble believing Welt-Ham brings in an aging (but excellent) point guard. Hope I’m wrong.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If they're stuck on getting two picks for Conley I wonder if they'd do our pick, the OKC pick, Fournier, and Mozgov for Conley. 

Throw in Simmons for Temple or Holiday and get it done

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Shamet’s been playing 20+ mpg on a playoff team while shooting 40+% from three as a rookie. Every team in the league would trade a late first for the guy, which is why he’s being celebrated as a good part of the deal. 

He's super overrated. Like Courtney Lee without the defense. 

He's fine but you can find that guy everywhere

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah this is what i keep coming up with too. Since this is a win now move i have this feeling the front office would like to keep Fournier. After all if we lose him we lose alot of offense. 
This works as well. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9lnxr2f

If we are giving up 2 picks we might as well call the shots. I love DJ this year but its possible the front office thinks we need both Ross and Fournier to be a playoff team.

Honestly, i think this is better for both teams. They get the two picks and a couple of warm bodies who won't ruin the tank.

i know we all hate Fournier, truth is he provides a good portion of our offense. Perhaps if he has the ball in his hands less he will stop doing the things we hate. This is what Conley can do for the Magic.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier, Simmons, Grant and our pick protected top 4

And you think that is a better deal than Rubio + Favors + a pick? I think Utah's package is better for Memphis, unless they just want to clean slate things with all expirings. 

6 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah this is what i keep coming up with too. Since this is a win now move i have this feeling the front office would like to keep Fournier. After all if we lose him we lose alot of offense. 
This works as well. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9lnxr2f

If we are giving up 2 picks we might as well call the shots. I love DJ this year but its possible the front office thinks we need both Ross and Fournier to be a playoff team.

Honestly, i think this is better for both teams. They get the two picks and a couple of warm bodies who won't ruin the tank.

i know we all hate Fournier, truth is he provides a good portion of our offense. Perhaps if he has the ball in his hands less he will stop doing the things we hate. This is what Conley can do for the Magic.

I think there is a 0.00% chance Memphis does this lol

Why not just take Utah's offer? I bet even Detroit can make something better than that. 

Just now, TrueBlueDrew said:

I think there is a 0.00% chance Memphis does this lol

Why not just take Utah's offer? I bet even Detroit can make something better than that. 

I also realize.... 99.99% of the trade machine deals we propose on here will never happen cause it's like a video game haha

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

And you think that is a better deal than Rubio + Favors + a pick? I think Utah's package is better for Memphis, unless they just want to clean slate things with all expirings. 

Without question. 

Why do you think it's better for Memphis? Rubio is expiring. Favors is non-guaranteed for next year.