Odin

Trade Thread

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

We’re still evaluating. 

I have a theory! Maybe we forgot to hang up the land line a few weeks ago when we were apparently in the talks for DSJ and no one has been able to reach the Magic FO lmao

Can I ask why we are talking about 30 year old PGs who don't rely on athleticism as if they are not in the thick of their primes? They won't fall off a cliff in 2-3 years. 

When did 30 become 33? 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

This is Khris Middleton -- we need more of this on the smaller market teams.

DyStsvWWoAAXoMc.jpg:large

I think it all comes down to the person. Middleton doesn’t have the potential to be a mover and shaker in the outside of basketball realm. He’s a hell of a player as should stay where he is appreciated. Giannis obviously is a transcendent talent with a ton of marketing potential. It just seem in his case he’s comfortable. He should be, they’ve built around him and will continue to do so. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Can I ask why we are talking about 30 year old PGs who don't rely on athleticism as if they are not in the thick of their primes? They won't fall off a cliff in 2-3 years. 

When did 30 become 33? 

Conley is 31 I think. It’s more the injury history with him which only gets more concerning with age.  If we could get him for nothing major it’s a good move though either way. 

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

When did 30 become 33? 

People act like it’s a RB type position. I think the upside is that it increases the learning process of the younger guys. DJ provides some of that but he can’t provide the defensive needs we have. 

I think we are in discussions with the lakers and pelicans for ball or holiday. Only explanation I have for all this hand sitting.

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think we are in discussions with the lakers and pelicans for ball or holiday. Only explanation I have for all this hand sitting.

It could be they we aren’t doing anything. I’d work on that assumption. Just to keep expectations low. I can’t imagine how bummed out people will be if we get nothing. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

People act like it’s a RB type position. I think the upside is that it increases the learning process of the younger guys. DJ provides some of that but he can’t provide the defensive needs we have. 

Really depends on the guy. 33 seems to be the age it all falls apart looking at Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Andre Miller. Though Billups was still good at 35, Nash 37, Kidd 36, Cassell 36.

But Deron Williams and Mike Bibby sucked at 29. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

It could be they we aren’t doing anything. I’d work on that assumption. 

I don't think that is the case. They know that we desperately need a PG. There have been multiple reports of the Magic asking about a few around the league. 

If the deadline comes and goes and they haven't done anything to address the PG spot, I'll be shocked. 

I think the real question is Vuc. What will they do with him? I think as well as Ross is playing, I'll be surprised if Fournier is on the team past the deadline too.