Odin

Trade Thread

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

They typically don't anymore

Um last year? 

A blue chip big still goes over the guard nearly every time. 

The Ayton and Towns of the world will always go above PG’s. Embid would have gone #1 too if not for the injury. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Disagree. 

Youre still operating under the assumption that DSJ is some polished product ready to win and contribute now and Bamba can’t. 

The guy just lost his job and asked to be traded because of it. I liked DSJ and would have happily added him but he’s has some serious concerns/baggage. 

Pin this debate. Bamba will have way more value then a PG whose an average passer, streaky shooter and questionable teammate. 

I’m saying short of Bamba being transcendent, I’ll take a three point shooting guard.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Um last year? 

A blue chip big still goes over the guard nearly every time. 

I think that's a special circumstance because ayton went to Arizona and doncic doesn't look like your typical elite wing. 

If he was black, muscular, and played in the acc doncic would have gone 1. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think that's a special circumstance because ayton went to Arizona and doncic doesn't look like your typical elite wing. 

If he was black, muscular, and played in the acc doncic would have gone 1. 

That’s conjecture x100. A ton of if’s. 

The elite freak bigs still go higher. I’m talking the Ayton/Town type prospects.

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I’m saying short of Bamba being transcendent, I’ll take a three point shooting guard.

Assuming you’re still talking about DSJ...he’s Currently shooting 32% in his nba career from 3? 

So still not seeing it. 

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I wasn't. I'm just saying you finally get a player who is worth something and then they traded him. 

While I agree, Vuc is slow, bad in the PNR, and an overall liability on defense...I think he's done well under Clifford (which I am sure being a contract year has its own motivation too) and at least worthy of a fresh look. 

Would the Magic really be THAT bad if they resigned him on a 3+1 contract and as soon as Bamba overtakes him for the 5 spot, Vuc becomes the backup and if he complains, we trade him then. I think you can have a 1-2 punch with Bamba and Vuc...each one can help the other in their areas of weakness -- offense for Bamba and defense for Vuc. 

I don't know if he'd be willing to come off the bench at some point though, would that change people's mind about him if he was willing to take a lesser role and help out our bench play?

You have to have a team willing to do a trade for him. I have to believe he has been on the block since before the draft last year and that we couldn't get anything decent for him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You have to have a team willing to do a trade for him. I have to believe he has been on the block since before the draft last year and that we couldn't get anything decent for him.

He's been on the block for 31 consecutive months

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's been on the block for 31 consecutive months

He’s an all star though.......................................

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Out of likes and upvotes so yea. So true. 

The annoying thing to me is if post all star break Bamba goes on a stretch of 3 or 4 good games everyone will be singing his praises. Saying what a great pick he was and how we need to build around him and never trade him etc etc.