Odin

Trade Thread

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Yep. In 6 months they re-shaped the entire future of their franchise. Nice how that works out when you make calculated yet aggressive  moves. 

Yeah. Being apathetic doesn't work in any walk of life.

What boggles my mind is that the path for Knicks was quite simple, this season. Get a top 3 pick (there are 3 amazing prospects coming up), keep Porzingis and get some max free agent, due to their drawing power.

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah. Being apathetic doesn't work in any walk of life.

What boggles my mind is that the path for Knicks was quite simple, this season. Get a top 3 pick (there are 3 amazing prospects coming up), keep Porzingis and get some max free agent, due to their drawing power.

It’s the way it works now. Player is disgruntled, he gets traded. I remember a decade ago when Mitch K was brave enough to not trade Kobe and instead make moves. 

2 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

It’s the way it works now. Player is disgruntled, he gets traded. I remember a decade ago when Mitch K was brave enough to not trade Kobe and instead make moves. 

Yea players used to work it out. New generation. First sign of trouble the player wants out. I remember Pat Riley convincing Ewing to stay too. 

Picking this time to point out it's not just the losing. Starting with the Fran Vazquez pick, straight through the Rashard Lewis overpay and the Stan Van press conference, we looked like a dysfunctional franchise. The last six years solidified our bottom tier standing. Dwightmare,Skiles,Oladipo trade,Eraserboard gate. We need a franchise reset.

I left off a ton of drama and mistakes as well. It's really deep.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

We're going to resign vucevic and I'm just going to stop watching basketball

I just can’t. That’ll be it for me. I’m already hanging in by a thread that would do it. Not even speaking in hyperbole that would actually be it for me. 

23 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

I think they do but it’s incredibly simple. Which is draft, hope some develop and a boy make minor trades. Basically hope one of these draft picks become a superstar and the others starters. 

Stupid plan to utilize the draft when you aren’t trying to get a high pick!

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea players used to work it out. New generation. First sign of trouble the player wants out. I remember Pat Riley convincing Ewing to stay too. 

Little bit of recency bias. Webber bailed after a year. JJ Redick requested a trade from us his first or second year. In other sports look at John Elway, Eli Manning. Not a new thing. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're going to resign vucevic and I'm just going to stop watching basketball

I have pretty much stopped. It got to the point that Orlando was the only team I’d watch. Now? I haven’t bother in two years.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Picking this time to point out it's not just the losing. Starting with the Fran Vazquez pick, straight through the Rashard Lewis overpay and the Stan Van press conference, we looked like a dysfunctional franchise. The last six years solidified our bottom tier standing. Dwightmare,Skiles,Oladipo trade,Eraserboard gate. We need a franchise reset.

I left off a ton of drama and mistakes as well. It's really deep.

The Rashard Lewis overpay was necessary and was worth it.