Odin

Trade Thread

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Wonder what New Orleans is going to do moving forward. They might not want to be it up considering if they are bad for a few yesterday the team is probably moving. 

But if they do, wonder if we should go after Holiday

Pros: good defender. Having the best year of his career. Been a super positive impact player every year of his career since his rookie year. Finally healthy

Cons: he's been an ok shooter but not good. Scores but I'm not sure he's a "creates at the end of games" guy but I could be wrong (he does average more second half ppg than anyone on the magic). Contact runs through 2022 which kills future flexibility so you're basically stuck with this team (though I didn't actually do the math). Turns 29 so he's probably peaking now. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycuzhlbk

I think LA has to include Kuzma to get the deal done. Ingram and Harts value has decreased a lot this season and Ball isn't proven enough to get back that kind of a return. Honestly its Anthony *****ing Davis and sure Kuzma has been looking really good recently but is no where near AD. You gotta give a lot to get that level of superstar.

Nola: Payton/Moore, Holiday/Simmons, Kuzma/Ingram, Randle/Mirotic, Vuc/Okafor

Lakers: Rondo/DJ, Hart/Lance/Svi, Lebron/Beasley, AD/Melo?, Chandler/McGee/Zubac/Wagner 

Magic: Ball/Briscoe, Fournier/Ross, Isaac/Iwundu, AG/Martin, Bamba/Birch

With this we could then flip Ross for another asset or resign him if we think hes willing to stay with us.

edit: fixed the link

23 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycuzhlbk

I think LA has to include Kuzma to get the deal done. Ingram and Harts value has decreased a lot this season and Ball isn't proven enough to get back that kind of a return. Honestly its Anthony *****ing Davis and sure Kuzma has been looking really good recently but is no where near AD. You gotta give a lot to get that level of superstar.

Nola: Payton/Moore, Holiday/Simmons, Kuzma/Ingram, Randle/Mirotic, Vuc/Okafor

Lakers: Rondo/DJ, Hart/Lance/Svi, Lebron/Beasley, AD/Melo?, Chandler/McGee/Zubac/Wagner 

Magic: Ball/Briscoe, Fournier/Ross, Isaac/Iwundu, AG/Martin, Bamba/Birch

With this we could then flip Ross for another asset or resign him if we think hes willing to stay with us.

edit: fixed the link

I like this. It is a trade for the future. I see NO doing this but LA might be uncomfortable of giving lonzo, kuzma and Ingram all in one trade. They might give 2 but dont see them trading the 3 of them. 

I like it for the Magic and NO. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I like this. It is a trade for the future. I see NO doing this but LA might be uncomfortable of giving lonzo, kuzma and Ingram all in one trade. They might give 2 but dont see them trading the 3 of them. 

I like it for the Magic and NO. 

I see lakers fans being like no that’s too much but in reality they are giving up an under performing sf, a still unproven pg, and a good combo forward for the best power forward (maybe tied with giannis) in the NBA who falls into that superstar category on a good contract. I think Magic and Lebron would realize this too. 

• Like 1

Another positive of jrue. Killed it in the playoffs last year. He helped sweep Portland by averaging 28/7/4 on 57/35/71 shooting while holding Lillard to 19/5/5 on 35/30/88 shooting

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Either we can get in on Lonzo or jrue or Conley or DSJ or Fultz this trade season. 

I am in for any of the above as long as we do not include our first round pick next year or protect it at the least (top 10 protected at the minimum).  My biggest concern, still, is losing Vuc and Ross and getting nothing in return.  If there is a .001% chance of this happening trade them by February 7th.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Lol.  What would be the overall benefit short term and long term in your opinion?

Acquiring talent so these games mean something to the development of the young guys. We're not garbage, we're flawed. If we were garbage we wouldn't have leads in these games. Obtaining an all star caliber player for a few years is nothing like paying a backup center a giant contract. 

"Oh no we're only a playoff team for a few years, the horror!"