Odin

Trade Thread

14 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

alright. Lets say Fultz goes to Nola and Jrue goes to phyla. That leaves Conley. If Conley and Rubio. If Utah and Memphis do the swap discussed several days ago then we have no other interested PG out there other than Lonzo. I do not know what is going to happen in LA to be honest. So that leaves Lin( which I am not interested), Brogdon( unlikely he is traded) and Russell( which any offer will likely be matched by Brooklyn). 

The other tier of PG's available are: Teague(injury prone and not sure we are interested in him) Bledsoe( I guess I be ok with him but likely need to over pay to get him)

PG's we need to start looking at: 1. White( He is playing really well for the Spurs and might be available for a guy like Ross or Fournier. 2. Beverly. He is also balling lately and could be a decent guy to look at if we strike out on all of our other options. 3. Frank(not sure how much the knick value him but it could be attainable for the right price. No sure if he really is a true PG).

Very Depressing indeed. 

If the Knicks do get Kyrie, they may not keep DSJ. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I Though about it and you might be correct here. I just hope that Martin is not the one again getting involved  in blocking management decisions, as he has done in the past. 

Alex Marten is the one who’s desperate for us to make the playoffs and when he gets involved in personel decisions is when things like the Tobias Harris and Oladipo trades happen. What’s really insulting is that he believes that simply making the playoffs, at any cost and at the expense of sticking to any sort of plan that could lead to sustaining a competitive team, will satisfy the fan base. He’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to this franchise and I’m not convinced we’ll ever turn the corner if he’s allowed to continuously get involved in decisions outside of the business parts of the organization.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

I’m not waiting this summer. Deadline is it for me. Two seasons same ****.  We aren’t going to do anything different this summer if we don’t do something bold this deadline. We’ll be picking too low to get a game changer. We’ll resign Vuch because he’s the best we can get and then sign some backups. At some point you got to do something drastic to either land a high draft pick or to get prized FA’s to sign. We do neither.

So this, we are going to resign Vuch and Ross for too much.Then in the summer we will throw the MLE at someone too old like Lin or Hill, or somebody young but flawed.

28 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

What if we get Kyrie?

He’ll most likely go to New York or LA next season. I assume you mean via trade? I don’t think he’d come here without 2nd superstar in route. 

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

He’ll most likely go to New York or LA next season. I assume you mean via trade? I don’t think he’d come here without 2nd superstar in route. 

Yeah and I doubt Ainge would trade him to us.

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Boston is in a very tough position at the moment. The hate they are getting is inmense. It seems as Ainge and the rest of Boston management are not in good terms with players for what they did to IT. I see that. 

We have to be careful on how we treat Vooch here. He has been out there in the media and twitter expressing the love to the city and his fan. There are even some comments from his agent that he is willing to give the Magic a discount in the offseason. We dont want to be the next Boston. I think this is how our management is feeling at the moment. They want to trade him but the timing is off with the all star selection and all the love to the orginization, city and fans he is giving out there. 

I think we are keeping him with the intent to sign him unless a Jru or Conley trade comes along. If we sign him, we do expect to trade him to a team like Dallas for future assests and picks. I dont see us keeping him past 1 year. 

Unfortunately, this is what is likely happening and honestly, I am already embracing it. And if we strike out in any potential Ross trade then work on resigning him again in the offseason. He can also be a future trade asesset. The one thing I want them to do is to trade Fournier and Simmons. Work those phone hard to get this two guys out. 

Yes once the deadline is passed i feel like the best thing we can do is play big more and try to put Fournier in a situation to reclaim his value.

Remember this is a player who can get his own shot and take it to the rim sometimes. He hasn't completely tanked like other wings who signed around the same year.

Guys like Evan Turner,Bazemore,Carroll and Batum got paid and cratered. I feel like fournier just needs his confidence, if his shot starts falling again he can be an asset this summer.

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

So this, we are going to resign Vuch and Ross for too much.Then in the summer we will throw the MLE at someone too old like Lin or Hill, or somebody young but flawed.

I feel at this point that’s the most likely scenario. I wish we had a crafty front office. I know people are going to say pe patient etc. but I mean guys who work the phones. The fact that no other team knows what they’re thinking could be that they keep their cards to their chest or that they don’t really have any desire to make transactions.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yes once the deadline is passed i feel like the best thing we can do is play big more and try to put Fournier in a situation to reclaim his value.

Remember this is a player who can get his own shot and take it to the rim sometimes. He hasn't completely tanked like other wings who signed around the same year.

Guys like Evan Turner,Bazemore,Carroll and Batum got paid and cratered. I feel like fournier just needs his confidence, if his shot starts falling again he can be an asset this summer.

If we aren’t going to make any moves to acquire a player to contend, we need to trade Ross and play Fournier in that spot. Move Simmons to starting lineup. It won’t win us any games but maybe it increases Evan’s productivity and value. 

• Downvote 2