Odin

Trade Thread

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:
I forgot about the sister

I’m now betting that Kyrie is traded by the deadline. Way too much noise and I don’t think Kyrie trusts their current roster. Would be crazy to see Kyrie shipped to LA.

21 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I'm just getting tired of all the damn tampering that the agents and large market teams are getting away with. Small market teams are having trouble maintaining a proper level of parity in the league.

Mark Cuban and the Mavs say hello.

29 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I'm just getting tired of all the damn tampering that the agents and large market teams are getting away with. Small market teams are having trouble maintaining a proper level of parity in the league.

The nba is full blown WWE reality TV. I think it is hard, as a nba fan of a team like the magic, to see the light at the end of the tunnel with these super teams being formed and star players demanding trades to certain big market teams. 

I think the regular season in the nba kind of sucks. The playoffs will be fun (especially the conf finals) but the regular season is a drag. We know whose the 2-4 teams that can legit win it. 

Itll be interesting to see what happens. Teams like Orlando will really have to get creative or lucky (maybe both) to really contend with these super teams because I don’t think this is a fad—this is the nba now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Mark Cuban and the Mavs say hello.

Like I said in my previous post smaller market teams are going to have to get creative. Take some calculated risks. Get lucky. Dallas has done that the past few months. Still no telling if that will be enough because as much as I like Luka and Porz, it’s gonna take at least 2 more big names to keep up with these other teams. 

16 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Like I said in my previous post smaller market teams are going to have to get creative. Take some calculated risks. Get lucky. Dallas has done that the past few months. Still no telling if that will be enough because as much as I like Luka and Porz, it’s gonna take at least 2 more big names to keep up with these other teams. 

I see the direction of trying to develop our own guys in BIG. I just wish we had a legit pg to help them develop, and I wish we’d clear the path for them by trading Fournier and Vooch. 

Zach Lowe spent a ton of time discussing us in his trade primer and it explains a ton about all of these weird, conflicting rumors.

He has no idea what our plan is because the rest of the league has no idea what our plan is (literally a quote from the piece) so everybody is just going based on what they would do instead of what the plan is. 

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Zach Lowe spent a ton of time discussing us in his trade primer and it explains a ton about all of these weird, conflicting rumors.

He has no idea what our plan is because the rest of the league has no idea what our plan is (literally a quote from the piece) so everybody is just going based on what they would do instead of what the plan is. 

Who is everybody?

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Who is everybody?

Just everything out there. Every discussion. Every "we're keeping Vuc but also must trade Vuc to get something for him but also want to make the playoffs". It's all based on inferring what we're going to do and not objective fact. It's why we're shopping Gordon for DSJ, no wait we're shopping Bamba, no wait we never made a formal offer at all. 

Nobody knows anything. We have no leaks. We could be doing absolutely nothing or selling everybody or throwing a bunch of picks at an established player and nobody knows for sure what our plan is. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Just everything out there. Every discussion. Every "we're keeping Vuc but also must trade Vuc to get something for him but also want to make the playoffs". It's all based on inferring what we're going to do and not objective fact. It's why we're shopping Gordon for DSJ, no wait we're shopping Bamba, no wait we never made a formal offer at all. 

Nobody knows anything. We have no leaks. We could be doing absolutely nothing or selling everybody or throwing a bunch of picks at an established player and nobody knows for sure what our plan is. 

Great lol. Someone needs to find a damn mole! 

12 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Who is everybody?

Oh also the specific everybody is other executives. 

When there's a source out there that says "sources say that team x will do y" the source isn't every team x. It's the other teams that team x is talking to. 

The fact that Lowe says "The league as a whole has no feel for Weltman's plan" is basically saying we haven't given enough evidence for anyone to guess what we're doing. 

we're not actively shopping vucevic and Ross. If we were we'd be a team that was selling it's vets. We're not actively trying to trade for good vets or else we'd be buying. 

they don't know what we're doing so we're not following a pattern. 

We're inquiring about point guards but that's it. And talks don't get far.