Odin

Trade Thread

31 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Bobby Marks of ESPN is proposing this trade:

“Lakers get: Anthony Davis, Cheick DialloTim Frazier and Darius Miller

Pelicans get: Brandon IngramKyle KuzmaKentavious Caldwell-PopeJonathon Simmons, Orlando's 2019 first-round pick (top-10 protected*) and the Lakers' unprotected first-round picks in 2023 and 2025

Magic get: Lonzo Ball

*If the first is not conveyed in 2019, Orlando will send a 2020 first-round pick (protected Nos. 1-10). The pick will turn into a 2023 and 2025 second-round pick if not conveyed.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/25887319/six-big-anthony-davis-trades-see

I love that

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

All day. I’d do this year’s pick and the OKC pick. Plus, I’d add Fournier because I’m a nice guy.

Yeah I don’t know about that. What would the Magic without knee dribbles and missed layups?? 

The good thing about Conley and Holiday i that they’re good win now guys but also good characters to have around our young guys. If we dump Fournier in the process, I’ll be ecstatic.

Try them with Vuc for the rest of the season, and if it doesn’t work, let Vuc walk for nothing 

I just need it to be Thursday afternoon so I know how happy or angry I should be.  I've had enough of the uncertainty. 

57 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean that's where his value is. It's why I want Conley. Cheaper to obtain

It pains me to say this, but if we're really going to re-sign Vuch then we mine as well go after the better PG. I mean Bamba will likely be demanding a trade by the end of year two anyways stuck behind Vuch

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The good thing about Conley and Holiday i that they’re good win now guys but also good characters to have around our young guys. If we dump Fournier in the process, I’ll be ecstatic.

Try them with Vuc for the rest of the season, and if it doesn’t work, let Vuc walk for nothing 

Agreed. The only young pg I was interested in trading for was DSJ. Conley/Holiday are the targets now. 

1 minute ago, DocHoliday said:

48% 

I’m convinced that can be fixed pretty quick. Kid has too much on his mind in LA. That price is just so damn cheap

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if I was gonna try to get jrue I'd offer two picks before Bamba. 

But everyone would be thrilled if we traded a bunch of stuff for kemba and we signed him to a 4 year max. Jrue is basically the same

http://bkref.com/tiny/wT2Hn

As long as they're top 3 protected I'm good with that

Totally random but Hayward’s injury situation in Boston reminds me of Hill’s situation with us back in the day. It may cost them a championship run this year and really hurt them in the long haul. If they perform below expectations causing Kyrie to consider signing somewhere else this summer, that’d be a disaster for them. Windhorst has a new article talking about Boston’s challenges up on ESPN. Why do I bring it up? Windhorst says Boston may be led to consider trading Kyrie by the deadline, which would really shake up the market more.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Guys, Holiday is a stud point guard in his prime. If we want to acquire someone like him, I think it will take one of our young guys and perhaps a pick.

I’m also down with Conley, but given his age and contract, I think it’ll just take filler and a pick.

Jrue is like a year and half younger then Conley. If it takes Bamba to get Jrue then it’s a super hard pass for me. I can’t reiterate that enough. Like that type of move would end all hope for me. 

So you give up your best prospect for a guy who will be 29 next season when our team is no where near winning anything? That’s a bad way to think. Super nearsighted. Jrue isn’t putting us anywhere near title contention. We aren’t 1 player away. 

I’m not against Jrue but giving up Bamba makes no sense. It would be a disaster move IMO. And if that’s what it takes to obtain him then you look elsewhere. I’d rather just sign someone this summer. 

Not to mention that move means we are resigning Vuch which makes my stomach turn over.