Odin

Trade Thread

because Boston cant trade for davis with Kyrie there. They have enough PG on the roster that it wont hurt them to lose him and they get AD which is better than Kyrie. The lakers will put together a strong package for davis but i dont think the pels want them to get what they want

7 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

No interest in Ball either. 

The fact that he is looking worse then Elfrid has cooled my jets as well.

Still, if it didn't involve our pick you have to do it.He is another asset.

I dont think Ball will ever be a star in this league but certainly is an upgrade at PG. I think Rozier is looking better for me. I might be alone here but that is how I am seeing it. 

Fultz and DSJ are my 2 preferred  options followed by Lonzo and Rozier.  

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The fact that he is looking worse then Elfrid has cooled my jets as well.

Dude Lonzo plays pretty damn good defense and has really good court vision. Elfrid was Casper the ghost on defense with ok court vision.

23 minutes ago, TommacoJuice said:

because Boston cant trade for davis with Kyrie there. They have enough PG on the roster that it wont hurt them to lose him and they get AD which is better than Kyrie. The lakers will put together a strong package for davis but i dont think the pels want them to get what they want

But why wouldn't they just do the Davis swap for Kyrie/Morris without us is the question. Sorry, but if I were them I would rather have Kyrie than Vuc/Grant, so I don't think this deal would happen. 

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

But why wouldn't they just do the Davis swap for Kyrie/Morris without us is the question. Sorry, but if I were them I would rather have Kyrie than Vuc/Grant, so I don't think this deal would happen. 

Kyrie appears to have a 2 year contract, but he has a player option. If he was traded to New Orleans he would just walk this summer.

Anyhow to the people trading expiring contracts in mocks. The Pelicans would want players STILL under contract, plus picks. Even  if they decided to do a full rebuild and trade away Jrue, you still need a few warm bodies. I do not believe  they want to do a full rebuild. If they trade with the Lakers there will be a 3rd or 4th team involved to get them a vet or two, plus picks and maybe one of the youngsters.

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think Ball will ever be a star in this league but certainly is an upgrade at PG. I think Rozier is looking better for me. I might be alone here but that is how I am seeing it. 

Fultz and DSJ are my 2 preferred  options followed by Lonzo and Rozier.  

I agree. For me its DSJ, Jrue, Fultz, Conley if we make a trade or just sign Rozier outright this summer.

My available starting point guard rankings assuming we don't overpay are:

1. Dsj

2. Conley

3. Jrue

4. Fultz

5. Lonzo

6. Bledsoe

7. Brogdon

8. Teague

9. Russell

10. Rozier

11. Delon wright

12. Rubio

13. Tyus Jones

Russ/Ball/DSJ for me. 

Not at all sold on Ball but I think if we brought him in it would change our entire pacing and playing style which would benefit BIG more. 

Rozier isn’t good. Not sure why anyone wants him. DJ is better. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Russ/Ball/DSJ for me. 

Not at all sold on Ball but I think if we brought him in it would change our entire pacing and playing style which would benefit BIG more. 

Rozier isn’t good. Not sure why anyone wants him. DJ is better. 

Rozier is alright if you have a wing that plays point. We don't have that.