Odin

Trade Thread

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve been on the trade Vooch train for a couple of years but also have come to terms with the Magic’s love affair with this guy. Might a third option be to trade for a point guard who is already signed beyond this year, extend Ross now, and perhaps re-sign Vooch for two or three years this summer?

That sounds reasonable. Why do we have to trade Bamba now? He is on a rookie contract and needs to build his body up plus we can monitor his progress because he’s very raw, but promising. You can always trade down the line. I saw the media came out saying Magic plan to come hard in free agency for a point guard; which means these teams will have to match in restricted fa. Perhaps they realize that and make a reasonable deal at the deadline knowing they’re not capable of matching. Just a humble and hopeful speculation. 

Vuc for Monk and MKG was the trade I started my 2k19 with. Wouldn't mind seeing it in real life

We could even use Fournier to get a PG and go full youth movement

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Vuc for Monk and MKG was the trade I started my 2k19 with. Wouldn't mind seeing it in real life

That's the most likely vucevic destination but I'm not sure I'd trade for monk given his rookie year with Clifford and mkg is overpaid as a backup to Isaac and Gordon but I did incorporate that into the Conley trade. Feel like that's a move Memphis would like. Mkg feels like a Memphis player and monk has upside

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Man, I would be thrilled if we could get Monk. He’s one of those guys that I feel once he puts it all together, watch out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's the most likely vucevic destination but I'm not sure I'd trade for monk given his rookie year with Clifford and mkg is overpaid as a backup to Isaac and Gordon but I did incorporate that into the Conley trade. Feel like that's a move Memphis would like. Mkg feels like a Memphis player and monk has upside

Completely forgot about the first bold and I saw the 2nd bold, nice coincidence.

I think MKG is tough to have in today's NBA at all. He'd just be there to match salaries

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Man, I would be thrilled if we could get Monk. He’s one of those guys that I feel once he puts it all together, watch out.

I reeeeeally wanted him during his draft. Happy with Isaac though

24 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

That sounds reasonable. Why do we have to trade Bamba now? He is on a rookie contract and needs to build his body up plus we can monitor his progress because he’s very raw, but promising. You can always trade down the line. I saw the media came out saying Magic plan to come hard in free agency for a point guard; which means these teams will have to match in restricted fa. Perhaps they realize that and make a reasonable deal at the deadline knowing they’re not capable of matching. Just a humble and hopeful speculation. 

We wouldn't trade him now but we should next summer if we resign vucevic. 

If he gets you 16 mpg he's not going to up his value. You're better off trading him now when his value is it's highest. 

It'd be one thing if we had a complete team like Boston. But we can translate his talent to other positions that help us more. 

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I reeeeeally wanted him during his draft. Happy with Isaac though

He probably wouldn’t help us with the playoff run though. That’s the only downside but I love his potential.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba can't play the 4. When he played the 4 it was a disaster. 

Centers aren't that valuable anymore. Vucevic is a nice player but it doesn't make sense to pay him this summer and risk being stuck with him at the expense of improving other positions. 

You have two options. 

1. Keep vucevic.

2. Have enough money to make a run at a decent starting point guard. 

Choose one. You can't have both. 

Respectfully, this is where we disagree. I realize the league is going more position less basketball as it has evolved over the years however the bigs have evolved as well and are more mobile today. I view Vuc as a Point Center (not too mobile) that has improved his D. He causes a lot of problems for teams; coaches always comment on this. This is not the trend and I understand that some would want to go the way of the Warriors, but I’m pretty open to zig of the typical zag as this is what we have. It all depends on Vuc’s contract. I believe they can find a way to create enough space for a good young point. Let’s see what the front office does. 

52 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If you do that you basically need to trade Bamba. 

Backup centers are cheap and plentiful. Doesn't make sense to invest in one when you can move Bamba's upside for something that will help us in other areas. 

But the whole point in the "vucevic's days are numbered" thought process is centers on good teams don't have to do much. Bamba can be a great roll man and an impact guy on defense and he's cheap for the next 3 seasons. It makes more sense to take advantage of that and use the cap space in better areas than to be inefficient with money. 

It's the whole reason Philly fans are having a "trade Ben Simmons" discussion. Great player. Can't shoot. Poor fit with embiid. Can you maximize that talent in a trade?

I hear you but am being realistic with my expectations. I want to trade Vooch and roll with a new young core. However, I look at the history of our organization, and I hear Grant Hill, who lives in Orlando, say that he doesn’t believe Orlando will trade him. My bottom line is that I want to trade for an upgrade at point guard while keeping Isaac, Gordon and Bamba.