Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs nuggets

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

My thought is the refs had the spread in mind the entire game. We hit 20 3s so they couldn’t hide covering the line as easily as they usually do. The NBA is legit corrupt and has been for years. It has nothing to do with team favoritism and everything to do with the spread.

I’m with you. I’ll always watch because I love the Magic but I watch knowing it’s cooked at times.

Tonight was one of those games. I remember Tim Donaghy saying they would manipulate the games more that wouldn’t get a lot of backlash, meaning smaller teams. If OKC and GS played or LA, and the free throw disparity was what it was tonight—this would be the leading story on every sports talk show tomorrow.

But you help fix the lines against a team like Orlando and no one outside of Orlando will talk about it. 

Donaghy was a total schmuck but if you listen to some of the things he said went on it really does make a ton of sense. The nba did a great job of casting him off as a lone wolf bad apple but let’s get real—he’s not alone. 

Is what it is though. The fact we were able to get that game to OT was impressive.  

33 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m with you. I’ll always watch because I love the Magic but I watch knowing it’s cooked at times.

Tonight was one of those games. I remember Tim Donaghy saying they would manipulate the games more that wouldn’t get a lot of backlash, meaning smaller teams. If OKC and GS played or LA, and the free throw disparity was what it was tonight—this would be the leading story on every sports talk show tomorrow.

But you help fix the lines against a team like Orlando and no one outside of Orlando will talk about it. 

Donaghy was a total schmuck but if you listen to some of the things he said went on it really does make a ton of sense. The nba did a great job of casting him off as a lone wolf bad apple but let’s get real—he’s not alone. 

Is what it is though. The fact we were able to get that game to OT was impressive.  

Just stop.  It's pathetic and sad.  There is no conspiracy against the Magic.  Yes there are superstar calls that happens.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Just stop.  It's pathetic and sad.  There is no conspiracy against the Magic.  Yes there are superstar calls that happens.

He wasn't saying it was against the Magic specifically though.

It was a really badly officiated game, you don't get quotes like the ones from Cliff and Brian Hill when you just miss out on some superstar calls. I'm not saying it was rigged for sure, but it was definitely really badly reffed. 

How did the out of bounds 3 not get reviewed? Surely one of the refs would have suspicion that he was really close to the out of bounds line.

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

So tired hearing about the ref excuse.  We have no star players who deserve the benefit of the whistle nor players who are high volume FT shooters.  Yes it seemed like we got screwed tonight but grow up this the NBA and how it works.  Our roster is what it is!

So star players should get shooting foul calls that aren't actually fouls? And the free throw disparity was absurd enough to raise an eyebrow. At the least it's just awful officiating and to deny its impact on the outcome of the game is simply dishonest.

1 minute ago, jec said:

So star players should get shooting foul calls that aren't actually fouls? And the free throw disparity was absurd enough to raise an eyebrow. At the least it's just awful officiating and to deny its impact on the outcome of the game is simply dishonest.

Dude I have been watching the NBA for 34 years since i was a kid in southern california watching the lakers.  Yes I have seen it with star players and in some playoff series.  But not in a regular season game ever.  This blaming the refs thing with Magic fans in a regular season game just shows the immaturaty of Magic fans as a whole.  Grow up  and act like educated fans.  I moved here in 89 and nobody has been a bigger Magic fan then me since the beggining so I almost always side with the Magic!

We SERIOUSLY need to get a upgrade on Jerian Grant ASAP it would make a massive difference. If we are serious about the playoffs anyway..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We settled for too many 3s during overtime, and the fans leaving early pissed me off. It could have easily gone to 2nd overtime

I noticed that too. Fairweather fans. I'm thinking come 15th December we have a new guard back up PG. With abit of luck dare I say a starter with DJ sliding to the bench. 

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Dude I have been watching the NBA for 34 years since i was a kid in southern california watching the lakers.  Yes I have seen it with star players and in some playoff series.  But not in a regular season game ever.  This blaming the refs thing with Magic fans in a regular season game just shows the immaturaty of Magic fans as a whole.  Grow up  and act like educated fans.  I moved here in 89 and nobody has been a bigger Magic fan then me since the beggining so I almost always side with the Magic!

You’ve been watching for that long and still choose to believe there’s no fixing going on?!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1