Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

Gamethread: Kings at Magic

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Some people will be mad at this, but I was really happy with yesterday's loss. It was a critical game so early in the season, to see if our team should go for a playoff spot with the veteran core or to figure out if we still were who we always were.

We lost, the vet core looked as bad as ever, Bamba had some great flashes mixed with rookie mistakes.

I want us to get a top 10 pick and for BIG to be great. As I said a few days ago, having horrible PGs is stealth tanking and I'm fine with it.

From a fan’s perspective, I hear you. From a player’s perspective, this has to be very deflating. If this is the route we want to go, we need to be open about it and give the young guys tons of burn.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

From a fan’s perspective, I hear you. From a player’s perspective, this has to be very deflating. If this is the route we want to go, we need to be open about it and give the young guys tons of burn.

No doubt. And if we started BIG and they happened to bring us to the playoffs, I'd be ecstatic. The draft isn't the only way to build your team.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We shot 9 for 39 on open or wide open threes last night. 

Going by last year's numbers we'd expect to make 14. 

Jesus, it is as bad as I thought it was.

Adding to this, for the season we are 28/106 on "open" 3s (26.4%), 38/105 on "wide open" 3s (36.2%) -- totaling 66/211 on open or wide open 3s (31.2%). 

38 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Jesus, it is as bad as I thought it was.

Adding to this, for the season we are 28/106 on "open" 3s (26.4%), 38/105 on "wide open" 3s (36.2%) -- totaling 66/211 on open or wide open 3s (31.2%). 

At least they’re consistent at being bad. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

No doubt. And if we started BIG and they happened to bring us to the playoffs, I'd be ecstatic. The draft isn't the only way to build your team.

Yea I’m in the same boat. 

19 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Call me when 3/5 starting line up is gone or on the bench, not watching the same old thing again 

But E and V are our best players their gonna lead us to the lottery, oops I mean playoffs. 

I don’t understand the philosophy of these coaches we’ve had. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I really wish we had gotten a coach who thinks outide the box. Not some f ing retread who is stuck in the past. 

I don't blame anyone for quitting on the team. It's difficult to watch the same stuff happen for 3 years while knowing the beats that are going to happen already. 

Team "has to play better" 

Team plays better for 10 days.

Is team turning a corner?

Couple bad losses. 

Couple good wins

I say something like "if we just win these next couple games we make up those bad losses and are back on track".

Lose something like 12 out of 15 games completely derailing the season. 

Make a move for an interesting yet inconsequential piece that is relatively exciting but doesn't really change team complexion. But you make the move too late to really make a difference. 

"This went well late in the season. This went poorly. If you can keep the good while limiting the bad we can contend for a playoff spot next year"

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

But E and V are our best players their gonna lead us to the lottery, oops I mean playoffs. 

I don’t understand the philosophy of these coaches we’ve had. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I really wish we had gotten a coach who thinks outide the box. Not some f ing retread who is stuck in the past. 

It's because vucevic is skilled on offense. Only 11 centers have triple doubles with assists in the last 20 years.

And his problems are relatively fixable. He's not incapable of playing the way we need him to. We see him play that way 8 times a year. 

So coaches see him as a guy who they can reach and mold him into something. But that never happens

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

How are you going to sit here and tell me how I'm personally supposed to feel about a basketball game?

Where did I say how you were supposed to feel? The conversation was centered around moral victories. You questioned it I expounded. You found good in the game and I didn't. 

At this point we should be expecting more than a few players doing their job. You don't agree? Fine.  

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Where did I say how you were supposed to feel? The conversation was centered around moral victories. You questioned it I expounded. You found good in the game and I didn't. 

At this point we should be expecting more than a few players doing their job. You don't agree? Fine.  

You must be fun at parties