The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would rather have been short a 3rd string PG than to risk ever seeing Brant take the court again.

Grant is bad only like 70% of the time. I'd rather have 30% success rate than nobody. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Grant is bad only like 70% of the time. I'd rather have 30% success rate than nobody. 

I'd rather see Ross or Fournier bring the ball up than Grant play at all.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah

Yay!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'd rather see Ross or Fournier bring the ball up than Grant play at all.

Yay!

We can still have them bring up the ball instead of playing Grant. We have the option of Grant though. If we waived Grant we wouldn't have the option to play Briscoe, he wasn't ready.

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't wish injuries on any player... but if anybody is going to get them let them be with the teams we are competing against for a playoff slot and in the 1st round. Get well soon Blake & Josh. If Charlotte gets eliminated they should rest Kemba against us so he doesn't risk injury.

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

?4thewin, please explain why Briscoe was released instead of Grant. Was it because of his injury and would not be available for the playoffs. Or does it have to do with this stuff about cap space, etc.  By the way, I know they signed MCW for the remainder of the season, therefore another player had to be cut.

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't wish injuries on any player... but if anybody is going to get them let them be with the teams we are competing against for a playoff slot and in the 1st round. Get well soon Blake & Josh. If Charlotte gets eliminated they should rest Kemba against us so he doesn't risk injury.

Hahaha! Really?

16 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

?4thewin, please explain why Briscoe was released instead of Grant. Was it because of his injury and would not be available for the playoffs. Or does it have to do with this stuff about cap space, etc.  By the way, I know they signed MCW for the remainder of the season, therefore another player had to be cut.

I'm guessing they just felt that having an extra body available for the playoffs is more valuable than the chance that briscoe signs with another team. Because ultimately what is briscoe? A solid backup point guard. That's inconsequential to replace. 

It's just like when we let Troy Hudson or shabazz go. There's signs that they'll develop into long term pros but that doesn't mean you need to prioritize their long term value over short term gains. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm guessing they just felt that having an extra body available for the playoffs is more valuable than the chance that briscoe signs with another team. Because ultimately what is briscoe? A solid backup point guard. That's inconsequential to replace. 

It's just like when we let Troy Hudson or shabazz go. There's signs that they'll develop into long term pros but that doesn't mean you need to prioritize their long term value over short term gains. 

Not to mention we like what we are seeing on MCW. Next year we will have Fultz and DJ back. Briscoe was going to be a 3rd string PG. i dont think anyone will sign him and the chances fir us to sign him next year is pretty high. We can see what we have on MCW and then decide between the two. 

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Okay, thanks. I know you don't have inside info from the front office. But what do you think will happen in the off season with Fulz, DJ, MCW, and Grant currently on the roster? Although DJ is currently playing pg, isn't his normal position sg? Do you think they will move him to playing sg next  season if he is still with the Magic?