The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s a solid solid player. Does everything well. 

Does anyone know if we actually drafted him to keep him then traded him to OKC or did OKC say that who the wanted us to draft for them? 

I don’t think we were gonna draft him 

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s a solid solid player. Does everything well. 

Does anyone know if we actually drafted him to keep him then traded him to OKC or did OKC say that who the wanted us to draft for them? 

Someone on Twitter pointed out we were one of the only teams not to work him out. 

Which doesn't mean anything but I don't think he fit what our goal was that year. 

Looks like Derrick Rose balled his heart out tonight.  Literally.  More power to him.  

• Like 1

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out we were one of the only teams not to work him out. 

Which doesn't mean anything but I don't think he got what our goal was that year. 

Yea I feel like that was OKC getting that pick into us.

I’ll never forget when I heard the announcement we drafted him im like wtf who is this guy I was pissed. 2 seconds later I watched some videos on him and I’m like “he’s acrually probably gonna be a good role player”. 

Also, Rose dropped 50. Wow. 

41 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Luka Doncic is exactly what we hoped Mario could’ve been. Kid is gonna be reall good for a long time.

I saw myself.  He's better..than I thought he was........and at 19.  Our players always look raw....and undefined.  I'm jealous of Dallas' pick.  Too bad the Lakers were bailed out successfully by that foul delaying an inevitable self destruct.  Good thing they play Portland  on Saturday and Toronto on Sunday.  

Ok...I am doing a mini "deep" dive on guards we should acquire. In all honesty I am just looking for guys who shoot 3's at a fair rate and connect at somewhere around 33%. We can probably use this list as a base and either add/subtract players as we see fit. These players are all obtainable although I am not sure what it would take to get them. I ignored defensive stats as NBA.com has a ton of info but isn't the easiest to navigate. I have also ignored contracts although probably more important than the rest. After looking all this up I am pretty sure ?4TheWin had a similar post to this but I wanted to see what was out there for myself after last nights game. 

Russel- Shooting 47% from 3. Even if he falls back to earth he is still more than capable. 34.9% for his career. Clear upgrade to Augustine.
Hardaway Jr.- Shooting 37.1% from three 3.3-8.9. Career is 34.5%. Probably not better than Fournier. Most likely not an upgrade. 
Jackson- Pretty equivalent to Augustine. May or may not be an upgrade. 
Bledsoe- Slight upgrade. More offensively sound. Should provide a more fluid offense. 
Dragic- Clear upgrade. Short term fix. 
Ball- Upside pick. Equivalent player to Augustine at age 21. 
Barton- Clear upgrade. Might be the most obtainable/statistically  sound out of everyone. Just had surgery and is hurt though.

I really like Barton as a deadline pickup but any of these guys would be good in my book.

Thoughts?

I would love giving Russ a shot. He’s clearly the odd man out with Levert and Dwindee. He’s a good passer and his shooting is better than anything we have. Also he’s 6”5 which people seem to forget. I’d love to see him running the offense with BIG. He’s still just 22 too. I think he still has plenty of potential to be a good guard in this league. Bringing in Russ would give me some much needed optimism. 

Top 7 protected and Simmons? 

Also Ball isn’t going anywhere. I think we need to take him off the list offcially. 

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Ok...I am doing a mini "deep" dive on guards we should acquire. In all honesty I am just looking for guys who shoot 3's at a fair rate and connect at somewhere around 33%. We can probably use this list as a base and either add/subtract players as we see fit. These players are all obtainable although I am not sure what it would take to get them. I ignored defensive stats as NBA.com has a ton of info but isn't the easiest to navigate. I have also ignored contracts although probably more important than the rest. After looking all this up I am pretty sure ?4TheWin had a similar post to this but I wanted to see what was out there for myself after last nights game. 

Russel- Shooting 47% from 3. Even if he falls back to earth he is still more than capable. 34.9% for his career. Clear upgrade to Augustine.
Hardaway Jr.- Shooting 37.1% from three 3.3-8.9. Career is 34.5%. Probably not better than Fournier. Most likely not an upgrade. 
Jackson- Pretty equivalent to Augustine. May or may not be an upgrade. 
Bledsoe- Slight upgrade. More offensively sound. Should provide a more fluid offense. 
Dragic- Clear upgrade. Short term fix. 
Ball- Upside pick. Equivalent player to Augustine at age 21. 
Barton- Clear upgrade. Might be the most obtainable/statistically  sound out of everyone. Just had surgery and is hurt though.

I really like Barton as a deadline pickup but any of these guys would be good in my book.

Thoughts?

For whatever reason I thought Barton was a PG. Not sure if he is any better than Fournier. 

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I would love giving Russ a shot. He’s clearly the odd man out with Levert and Dwindee. He’s a good passer and his shooting is better than anything we have. Also he’s 6”5 which people seem to forget. I’d love to see him running the offense with BIG. He’s still just 22 too. I think he still has plenty of potential to be a good guard in this league. Bringing in Russ would give me some much needed optimism. 

Top 7 protected and Simmons? 

Also Ball isn’t going anywhere. I think we need to take him off the list offcially. 

The problem with Russell is he's just got a really low bball iq. He makes really dumb decisions with the ball. He can pass in the sense that he can make all the passes you'd want a point guard to make but he doesn't always make the right pass. 

If we can get him for something inconsequential I'm for it. But I'm not really comfortable investing in him.