The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Vuch playing good all the sudden in a contract year when we draft a center to take his job should anger people about him. Just proves he was complacent and has coasted for years. Don’t wanna build a team around that. I’m good. 

To be honest I don't think Vuc has changed all that much from his previous years. He's always been a really skilled offensive player who was clearly not a #1 option and had defensive deficiencies.

We don't know if he'd be better or worse with 1 or 2 real stars around him because we haven't seen him play under those circumstances.

If/when he leaves our team we'll get real answers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

To be honest I don't think Vuc has changed all that much from his previous years. He's always been a really skilled offensive player who was clearly not a #1 option and had defensive deficiencies.

We don't know if he'd be better or worse with 1 or 2 real stars around him because we haven't seen him play under those circumstances.

If/when he leaves our team we'll get real answers

I love this take. This is exactly how I feel as well. I see that you got a good night sleep. I was getting worried. Reason why we should not change our stance on Vooch from last year. We were all in agreement about trading him. The good thing about him this year is that his trade value is higher at an all star level. We should be content with this. Lets not deviate our attention and main goal. 

Next year is the year to test the BIG lineup playing together. If i doesnt work well with ISaac on his 3rd year and Bamba on his second year in the league then we can explore trades( Most likely Isaac) to fortify Gordon with our soon to be future PG( whoever that one is and Vooch can help us get). Gordon is the franchise player at this point and we should work on building around him. 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I love this take. This is exactly how I feel as well. I see that you got a good night sleep. I was getting worried. Reason why we should not change our stance on Vooch from last year. We were all in agreement about trading him. The good thing about him this year is that his trade value is higher at an all star level. We should be content with this. Lets not deviate our attention and main goal. 

Next year is the year to test the BIG lineup playing together. If i doesnt work well with ISaac on his 3rd year and Bamba on his second year in the league then we can explore trades( Most likely Isaac) to fortify Gordon with our soon to be future PG( whoever that one is and Vooch can help us get). Gordon is the franchise player at this point and we should work on building around him. 

Doubt Gordon is a franchise player.  He certainly hasn’t shown that yet.  A good solid player who defends very well, yes.  But franchise?  He’ll have to show a lot more than he’s shown so far in five years. 

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Doubt Gordon is a franchise player.  He certainly hasn’t shown that yet.  A good solid player who defends very well, yes.  But franchise?  He’ll have to show a lot more than he’s shown so far in five years. 

Not for any franchise but for us He is as close is going to be. 

We need to understand what franchise player is and Gordon is that for us. A player you want to build around. He is the best young player in our franchise. If he can get us another franchise player in a trade then that can change but for now, looking at our roster, He is the guy. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

You don't have too actually observe something to know how it's likely to play out. 

If you know why vucevic is succeeding now (initiating action on virtually every play giving him opportunity to make a play on every play if one is there)

And you know what adding a first or second option would mean (Vuc no longer being the initiator) it's really *****ing easy to figure out what would happen. 

We knew exactly what would happen when you added LeBron to Lonzo before it happened. 

We knew exactly what would happen when you added doncic to DSJ. 

It's keeping your head in the sand to suggest otherwise. You've watched a ton of basketball. You can project things here. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You don't have too actually observe something to know how it's likely to play out. 

If you know why vucevic is succeeding now (initiating action on virtually every play giving him opportunity to make a play on every play if one is there)

And you know what adding a first or second option would mean (Vuc no longer being the initiator) it's really *****ing easy to figure out what would happen. 

We knew exactly what would happen when you added LeBron to Lonzo before it happened. 

We knew exactly what would happen when you added doncic to DSJ. 

It's keeping your head in the sand to suggest otherwise. You've watched a ton of basketball. You can project things here. 

I’d actually like to see Vuc play for the Lakers to test this out. He could be really good with LeBron or pretty useless like Valanciunas in the playoffs.

I’m not ready to take a firm stance

12 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d actually like to see Vuc play for the Lakers to test this out. He could be really good with LeBron or pretty useless like Valanciunas in the playoffs.

I’m not ready to take a firm stance

He'd be not useless. He'd be Brook Lopez. 

It's not like Vuc is suddenly going to be crappy. He's just going to be less valuable than a more specialized player

If Gordon is the franchise player it makes it truly easy to see how bad of shape this team is in now and in the near future.

Gordon is not a franchise player and just because he is the best current youngish player on the team doesn’t mean we need to build the team around him. 

I get some of what you’re saying—were Orlando so franchise players don’t just come here—but that in no way means we build around a guy who has show nothing to make me think he will ever be a #1 option on a contending team let alone a true franchise player. 

Franchise players carry teams. Good teams (like Harden carrying Houston or Lebron carrying LA) even bad teams can get carried (Kemba  carrying Charlotte or Davis in NO). 

Im not saying Gordon isn’t good but he’s alway struck me more as a third option on a contending team. 

• Like 1

Also if any player is worth building around on this team it’s Bamba. When he is in his 5th year he will be far more valuable than AG currently is. 

Pin this post and we’ll review in 2024. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

If Gordon is the franchise player it makes it truly easy to see how bad of shape this team is in now and in the near future.

Gordon is not a franchise player and just because he is the best current youngish player on the team doesn’t mean we need to build the team around him. 

I get some of what you’re saying—were Orlando so franchise players don’t just come here—but that in no way means we build around a guy who has show nothing to make me think he will ever be a #1 option on a contending team let alone a true franchise player. 

Franchise players carry teams. Good teams (like Harden carrying Houston or Lebron carrying LA) even bad teams can get carried (Kemba  carrying Charlotte or Davis in NO). 

Im not saying Gordon isn’t good but he’s alway struck me more as a third option on a contending team. 

I agree with this, kind of what I was saying above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Also if any player is worth building around on this team it’s Bamba. When he is in his 5th year he will be far more valuable than AG currently is. 

We'll have to see.  His potential is obvious, but I'm not sure he has the needed competitiveness.