The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Tobias improved his 3PT shooting a good bit so he's pretty efficient but he's still mostly the same dude aside from that--still not much of a rebounder or passer. Doesn't have to try at all on defense on that Clipper team. Oladipo's improvement was much greater.

32 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly Tobias has surprised me. I always believed in Oladipo and hated that trade but I never believed Tobias would be this good. Then again I'm not sure I ever believed Vuc would be this good. Rob Hennigan had an eye for talent if nothing else.

We had to pick between TH and AG. The jury is still out on that. 

25 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly Tobias has surprised me. I always believed in Oladipo and hated that trade but I never believed Tobias would be this good. Then again I'm not sure I ever believed Vuc would be this good. Rob Hennigan had an eye for talent if nothing else.

Remember this stuff happens every year where guys perform at an amazing level but then fall back down to earth. 

27 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Tobias improved his 3PT shooting a good bit so he's pretty efficient but he's still mostly the same dude aside from that--still not much of a rebounder or passer. Doesn't have to try at all on defense on that Clipper team. Oladipo's improvement was much greater.

Not sure you're watching Harris or the Clippers this year. He's averaging 8.4 boards/game and playing respectable defense.

28 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Yep. 

Vucevic is a little bit more sustainable because of his defensive effort but he shot 45% from three over the first 17 games this year and 33% over the past 6. We'll see if he can keep it up

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Not sure you're watching Harris or the Clippers this year. He's averaging 8.4 boards/game and playing respectable defense.

Most of his rebounds are uncontested. The clippers give up the second most offensive rebounds in the league partly because he's not a good rebounder. 

Last year Harris averaged 21 points per 36 on 47/47/90 shooting on a team that went 14-6 in it's first 20 games. 

He then averaged 19 points per 36 on 43/36/83 the rest of his time with Detroit. 

First 21 games of the 14/15 season with us he averaged 19 and 8 on 48/43/82 shooting. Rest of the season he averaged 16 and 6 on 46/34/77

There was a 17 game stretch of 13/14 where he averaged 21 and 8 per 36. 

He has these streaks in every season

It's funny. I was just thinking about posting how it's like we're having a 2014 conversation again where the pro-Harris posters point to his box score numbers to describe his value and anti-Harris posters discuss how he's overvalued and doesn't really have a big impact and other guys have more of an impact on our offense. 

And literally as I started typing this the ringer podcast I was listening to started discussing the clippers, their clipper fan producer said "I've watched every clippers game. Tobias Harris isn't really a star. He's more of a good role player that just fills up the box score but Gallo is more of the star player" and Kevin O'Connor disagreed by pointing out his box score numbers. 

Things never change lol. 

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's funny. I was just thinking about posting how it's like we're having a 2014 conversation again where the pro-Harris posters point to his box score numbers to describe his value and anti-Harris posters discuss how he's overvalued and doesn't really have a big impact and other guys have more of an impact on our offense. 

And literally as I started typing this the ringer podcast I was listening to started discussing the clippers, their clipper fan producer said "I've watched every clippers game. Tobias Harris isn't really a star. He's more of a good role player that just fills up the box score but Gallo is more of the star player" and Kevin O'Connor disagreed by pointing out his box score numbers. 

Things never change lol. 

I agree with this take. He's like a Melo-light to me. Still I was loyal to him and we lost him :(

I am still upset that we traded Harris away for nothing. Definitely shows that he has quality, even if we don't trust his production to continue at the same level. At least we got T-Ross out of Oladipo.