The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It depends on if we're still trying to win games. He's mostly valuable when the other team has a great point guard to defend. If the other team doesn't he's not good. This is why he's losing minutes on a tanking team. 

Fair enough. I guess I just can’t beleive his offense is worse than Grants but it must be. He just turned 20 in July. If he ever does become a solid player it won’t be for 3-4 years anyways. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Fair enough. I guess I just can’t beleive his offense is worse than Grants but it must be. He just turned 20 in July. If he ever does become a solid player it won’t be for 3-4 years anyways. 

Maybe he's not being used right and would benefit from a change in scenery and I'm not giving him enough credit. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think one has anything to do with the other. I think we'd trade for both if the prices were both right

I would love to see that happen.  Two chances to get a PG for the future.  I like those odds.

The Wizards are said to be open to discussing deals involving any player on their roster, but league-wide trade interest in star point guard John Wall is “close to nonexistent,” sources tell ESPN’s Bobby Marks (Insider-only link). As Marks details, Wall’s super-max extension, which goes into effect next season and runs through 2022/23, has substantially diminished the 28-year-old’s value around the NBA.

“Every player in this league can be traded, but the Wall extension right now is the toughest contract I have seen a team try to move in 20 years,” one club executive told Marks. “I couldn’t look my owner in the eye and tell him there is value with the player even if we didn’t have to trade anything of significance.”

According to Marks, the consensus among team executives he spoke to was that there was no way they’d sign Wall to a four-year, $171MM contract this offseason, which is what his extension will amount to. As Marks explains, execs have – for the most part – learned their lesson about overpaying borderline stars into their 30s and will be more cautious going forward, limiting the appeal of a highly-paid player like Wall.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I can't imagine a team willing to take that contract on. When these talks started earlier this season I think nearly everyone called it that John Wall's contract will be close to unmovable. 

31 minutes ago, Malik Buttface said:

I can't imagine a team willing to take that contract on. When these talks started earlier this season I think nearly everyone called it that John Wall's contract will be close to unmovable. 

They are stuck with him. They just have to move Beal and Porter and start over. At this point I’d be willing to take on mahimi’s contract to get Beal if that’s what it takes. If we did that we’d have like 30 some million coming off the books at the end of next season

51 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

They are stuck with him. They just have to move Beal and Porter and start over. At this point I’d be willing to take on mahimi’s contract to get Beal if that’s what it takes. If we did that we’d have like 30 some million coming off the books at the end of next season

And that's $31M coming off just at the center position.

While I like Bradley Beal, to take back Mahinmi's contract and make the numbers work, we would probably have to include Fournier, Vucevic, and T Ross; which strikes me as too much. I would do Beal straight up for Fournier, Simmons and maybe the OKC pick; but I don't think Washington would go for that.

32 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

And that's $31M coming off just at the center position.

While I like Bradley Beal, to take back Mahinmi's contract and make the numbers work, we would probably have to include Fournier, Vucevic, and T Ross; which strikes me as too much. I would do Beal straight up for Fournier, Simmons and maybe the OKC pick; but I don't think Washington would go for that.

I was think something more along the lines of Simmons definitely not Ross 

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If Washington is truly dedicated to blowing it up, Beal nets them the best offers without any doubt. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

They also have to get rid of Brooks.