The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

49 minutes ago, Odin said:

Nuggets are pretty fun to watch. They might be making the jump this year.

1. Shocking that this game finished 100-98

2. Good teams like Denver almost choke games away too. Good thing to show some of our fans that think it's exclusive to the magic. 

3. Golden State executed their buzzer beating play like a team practicing a set in practice against no defense. Curry had no wasted movements and got directly to the rim at a quick pace but also nonchalantly. Dump off pass for the easy layup and overtime BUT JUANCHO COMES IN FOR THE GAME SAVING BLOCK

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m still trying to figure out what kind of player Isaac will become. 

He's been kind of disappointing production wise but at the same time he's allowed 21 points so far on 8/20 shooting on 120 defensive possessions. And nobody has scored more than 1 bucket on him with the exception of saric who shot 2/6. 

So he's been like a great cornerback that you never hear their name called because nobody throws at them. 

But yeah I agree. I have no idea what he is. 

And it's kind of frustrating he's scoring 5 ppg but also kind of cool he's shooting 60% from three. 

55 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

With Isaac I think you have to hope his last game is more of who he is and the first two games more of a result of his foul trouble. 

I'm not sure we can even make any judgments yet. Is 20 mins a game enough for a guy who is supposed to be a pillar on our team? Fournier=27, Gordon=32, Vuch=29, DJ=26. As a starter Isaac ranks 141-157 in MPG. The guys below him probably shouldn't even be starting on a NBA team and some of the guys immediately above him are in the same category.

• Like 1

Great game by the Nuggets. Jokic is more of an impressive player than I thought.  Gary Harris is someone I already knew well about.  His athleticism is rather effortless. He's a quiet, yet, all star level talent for the future of denver.  

23 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm not sure we can even make any judgments yet. Is 20 mins a game enough for a guy who is supposed to be a pillar on our team? Fournier=27, Gordon=32, Vuch=29, DJ=26. As a starter Isaac ranks 141-157 in MPG. The guys below him probably shouldn't even be starting on a NBA team and some of the guys immediately above him are in the same category.

I wouldn’t fret too much about Isaac’s minutes, they’ll average out. He’s been in foul trouble often and on a minutes restriction early so far after his preseason injury 

Just moved to Denver this year and went to my first Nuggets game last night against the Suns. They’re a whole lot of fun, definitely my Western Conference team. When they get IT and MPJ healthy they’ll be real dangerous. LAbron and the Lakers are gonna have a tough time getting home court for the first round or possibly even making the playoffs. Golden State, Denver, Houston, OKC, Utah, Portland, Minnesota, New Orleans... sheesh!

3 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Obviously not but the post-Dwight Magic has been run and coached by idiots

7 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Game 1. 4 fouls 18 minutes

Game 2. 4 fouls (and a blow out where it doesn't make sense to keep playing him) 14 minutes. 

Game 3. 0 fouls. Close game. 27.5 minutes. 

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Obviously not but the post-Dwight Magic has been run and coached by idiots

Come on Mauro. You know why he's not playing more.