The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Looks like the Magic are going to make me eat my **** for ripping them as hard as *****ing possible for being an absolute travesty for three-fourths of a decade.  

FINALLY.  

Honestly, I tried to rip the **** out of them anywhere I could in hopes that someone who works for the Magic would get pissed the hell off.  Congrats people who stayed faithful because I sure as hell didn't.  

This is why sports are my favorite form of entertainment and maybe an even more important source of life lessons.

Things are constantly in motion, and a "garbage" team or individual can turn it around in a way that it would seem unbelievable in movies.

LET'S GO MAGIC

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

Detroit wins and we lose tonight there is more than a 50% chance we will not be making the playoff. 

Factually incorrect

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's what we want going forward:

Charlotte loses to Detroit or the other way around- will be tought to swallow.

We want Miami to win their last two games.  Very Unlikely, They play against Sixers at home and Brooklyn away. No chance.

We want Cleveland to beat Charlotte Lest than 10% chance that will ever happen. Cleveland wants a top 3 pick. 

We want Memphis to beat Detroit Just like Cleveland they want to pick high. Conley likely will not play. 

We want Indiana to beat Brooklyn Possible. But this alone will not help us get into the playoff 

We want to beat Boston and Charlotte. Best case scenario. We have better chance to win tonight than at Charlotte.  Playing Charlotte at their home when both teams are playing for the last playoff spot is tought. Look at our record against Charlotte over the years. Little chance. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Factually incorrect

how come?  

Detroit is not losing against Memphis and/or the Knicks. They are in. (More than 80% chance this happen)

Brooklyn: will be playing a defeated and out of the playoff Miami at home in their last game.(more than 80% chance this happens)With that win they wil be in. If they win tonight then there is no further discussion. (more than 90% they are in)

charlotte will be playing their next game against Cleveland(easy win) and last game against us at home for the last playoff spot. (they have better than 50% chance to beat us) Charlotte chances to make the playoff( IF the win tonight) is more than 60%. 

If we lose tonight and what I mentioned above happens( most likely) then there will be less than 50% chance we will be making the playoff. 

So...in other words, there is nothing positive about Charlotte winning tonight. It can complicate things. At this point we should not be worried about 6, 7 ot 8 position. It doesn't matter. We want to be in and a win tonight will secure that. IF charlotte loses then it makes it easier for us to beat them at their court next game and get a higher sitting if possible. 

4 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

how come?  

Detroit is not losing against Memphis and/or the Knicks. They are in. (More than 80% chance this happen)

Brooklyn: will be playing a defeated and out of the playoff Miami at home in their last game.(more than 80% chance this happens)With that win they wil be in. If they win tonight then there is no further discussion. (more than 90% they are in)

charlotte will be playing their next game against Cleveland(easy win) and last game against us at home for the last playoff spot. (they have better than 50% chance to beat us) Charlotte chances to make the playoff( IF the win tonight) is more than 60%. 

If we lose tonight and what I mentioned above happens( most likely) then there will be less than 50% chance we will be making the playoff. 

So...in other words, there is nothing positive about Charlotte winning tonight. It can complicate things. At this point we should not be worried about 6, 7 ot 8 position. It doesn't matter. We want to be in and a win tonight will secure that. IF charlotte loses then it makes it easier for us to beat them at their court next game and get a higher sitting if possible. 

Because games aren't 0% or 100%. They're somewhere in the middle. 

538 gives us a 49% chance of beating Charlotte and Cleveland a 38% chance to beat Charlotte. That gives us a 87% chance to make the playoffs. 

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's what we want going forward:

Charlotte loses to Detroit or the other way around

We want Miami to win their last two games. 

We want Cleveland to beat Charlotte

We want Memphis to beat Detroit

We want Indiana to beat Brooklyn

We want to beat Boston and Charlotte. 

That made my head hurt!

DwVV11.gif

PGEhrr.png

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Because games aren't 0% or 100%. They're somewhere in the middle. 

538 gives us a 49% chance of beating Charlotte and Cleveland a 38% chance to beat Charlotte. That gives us a 87% chance to make the playoffs. 

Sure. 

that is less than 50% chance of us beating Charlotte like I said. If Charlotte beats Detroit(hopefully it doesnt happen) that 38% chance of Cleveland beating them will change drastically to likely less than 20% once they adjust the implications of a win by charlotte. 

You can keep using that numeric value but that changes every day. We were at around 30-40% soon after the break when we lost to New york and Chicago and at above 90% last week. We are currently at 87% but if Charlotte wins and we lose tonight I bet that changes again to less than 60% .Those numbers change constantly. 

I just use the common sense and eye test. Reason why we need to win tonights game or hope for a Detroit to win. 

Miami’s game against Brooklyn will either be for their playoff lives, or for Wade’s last game. Either way, I expect them to leave it all on the floor that night. That’s good for us.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure. 

that is less than 50% chance of us beating Charlotte like I said. If Charlotte beats Detroit(hopefully it doesnt happen) that 38% chance of Cleveland beating them will change drastically to likely less than 20% once they adjust the implications of a win by charlotte. 

You can keep using that numeric value but that changes every day. We were at around 30-40% soon after the break when we lost to New york and Chicago and at above 90% last week. We are currently at 87% but if Charlotte wins and we lose tonight I bet that changes again to less than 60% .Those numbers change constantly. 

I just use the common sense and eye test. Reason why we need to win tonights game or hope for a Detroit to win. 

We're at 94% now

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Well.. I rathe have a secure spot  in the playoff than still have to fight for a spot to get in. If Charlotte  wins and we lose both of our next away games(which is possible), then we are out of the playoff. Charlotte can easily win their next game against Cleveland and will be playing for the way to get into the playoff against us AT HOME. 
Sooo... if Detroit wins and we lose tonight there is more than a 50% chance we will not be making the playoff. 

No. If Detroit wins we are in because Charlotte and Miami would both be eliminated. At least that was my understanding before today’s games began

28 minutes ago, magicblue said:

No. If Detroit wins we are in because Charlotte and Miami would both be eliminated. At least that was my understanding before today’s games began

He meant to say Charlotte instead of Detroit, in his last sentence