The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Man there are so many people (I assume 76ers fans) claiming Fultz's injury is all made up and it is only him and his agent waiting for a payday. Since he is not playing this season will we expect him season opener next year?

76'er fans piled on after his tweet that "he does not quit and never gives up."  Philly fans were not compassionate and kind (Duh!).  Lots of negative comments on how he never tried, how he quit on them, etc...etc.  Philly is NOT the town of brotherly love so no surprise there at all.  Best payback we can have is Fultz's success here.  I think Philly made a huge error due to their roster makeup which will benefit us.  Simmons was their PG and Fultz was either going to be coming off the bench as PG or starting SG.  Butler trade killed that SG scenario.  So the #1 pick is back to the bench.  Philly's dilemma and mismanagement of Fultz (IMO) hopefully will come back to haunt them big time.  Their fans will never forgive him so let's just go out and beat them to irritate their fans.

14 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Heat beat Hornets

Pistons and Nets won.

And now the Wizards are 2 games back from us and we face them in their building.  Good news is they have a 4 game west coast trip towards the very end of the season.

• Upvote 1

At the end of the day. If we win our games we will be in the playoffs and would rightly deserve our place .. if we dont we won't and we don't deserve it.

Forget relying on other teams..

Control your own destiny.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

And now the Wizards are 2 games back from us and we face them in their building.  Good news is they have a 4 game west coast trip towards the very end of the season.

They’re effectively way behind though. They have one more loss than us and three less wins. They have to do a lot to get back on even footing.

Here’s how I see it:

Detroit is probably in. They’ve got a big advantage in the loss column compared to peers.

Washington is probably out for the reasons above. 

Brooklyn has a disastrous final 14 games and doesn’t really have a loss column cushion. I think they’re more likely to miss the playoffs than stay in. 

That would leave two spots for us, Miami, and Charlotte. That means we just have to not have the worst finish to the season amongst those teams. 

56 minutes ago, ML6 said:

They’re effectively way behind though. They have one more loss than us and three less wins. They have to do a lot to get back on even footing.

Here’s how I see it:

Detroit is probably in. They’ve got a big advantage in the loss column compared to peers.

Brooklyn has a disastrous final 14 games and doesn’t really have a loss column cushion. I think they’re more likely to miss the playoffs than stay in. 

That would leave two spots for us, Miami, and Charlotte. That means we just have to not have the worst finish to the season amongst those teams. 

Holy s**t I just looked at the Nets schedule disastrous is correct.  Who did they piss off.

9 hours ago, ML6 said:

Here’s how I see it:

Pretty much. 

We just have to take care of business. If we do we're in. If we don't we're out. If we hit our wins benchmark and the rest of the teams somehow find enough wins to keep us out then you just tip your cap to them and move on to the off-season content with our performance. 

Had to look up the Nets schedule after i read that.You weren't kidding. However, they seem to have everyone back Including Dinwiddie.

An easy schedule isn't everything. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Pretty much. 

We just have to take care of business. If we do we're in. If we don't we're out. If we hit our wins benchmark and the rest of the teams somehow find enough wins to keep us out then you just tip your cap to them and move on to the off-season content with our performance. 

I'll be at ease with however we finish the season. This has been a fun season such a roller coaster, the arrival of Isaac as a defensive monster. Coach Clifford making a dramatic impact on our teams mentality. Were still a young team lead whose two best players dont have much playoff experience. They gave us something to cheer for. Hurray for Isaac's 3 point shot too!

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'll be at ease with however we finish the season. This has been a fun season such a roller coaster, the arrival of Isaac as a defensive monster. Coach Clifford making a dramatic impact on our teams mentality. Were still a young team lead whose two best players dont have much playoff experience. They gave us something to cheer for. Hurray for Isaac's 3 point shot too!

Nah. There's a specific benchmark we need to hit and we're in a good position to do that. If we end up with 36 wins it's been a marginally disappointing season because although that's basically in the early season prediction range we've had outlier level health. The average team has 75ish missed games from their top 6 or so players and currently we're at 14. So predictions need to be reevaluated based on these facts just like last year needed to be reevaluated based on outlier level injuries. 

It's one reason I expect next season's record to be within a few games of this seasons record. Whatever growth we see in the off-season will probably also come with more missed games from important players. (and please remind me about this in 6 months when I start getting hyped about the season starting again)