The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Wait - I admit I haven't watched a ton of BOS this year, but why would BOS trade Brown for an expiring Ross and what could end up being a mid-teen pick? I get why they'd trade Rozier, but Brown looked like a player with serious upside last year. I'd think they could get better returns for Brown.

Brown isn’t doing anything this year. Last year they didn’t have Hayward. They’re not fitting well together. 

1 minute ago, Mack1085 said:

Wait - I admit I haven't watched a ton of BOS this year, but why would BOS trade Brown for an expiring Ross and what could end up being a mid-teen pick? I get why they'd trade Rozier, but Brown looked like a player with serious upside last year. I'd think they could get better returns for Brown.

He's stinking it up this year and getting worse. A lot of his performance last year had to do with him being the second option early behind Kyrie after Hayward went down and then sort of a shared offense between Rozier, Tatum, brown, and Morris after Kyrie got hurt. 

Now there's too many guys trying to be second or third options and it's ruining their offensive flow. They have a bottom 5 offense because only Kyrie can get good shots. 

A lot of their players do that thing Gordon used to do when Fournier and vucevic ignore him for 4 straight possessions and as soon as the ball hits his hands he feels compelled to shoot whatever shot he can get. But instead of one guy doing that it's brown and Tatum and Rozier and smart and Morris. 

31 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Rozier/Brown/Isaac/Gordon/Vucevic 

Augustin/Fournier/Simmons/Bamba

sexy...

If we pulled that off, I'd put a petition out for WeHam to get a key to the city.

9 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

It is not a realistic trade. Ainge would never entertain it.

more real would be ross/ vucevic/ dj and first for rozier and brown 

that would get us a nice starting 5 of bamba isaac gordon brown rozier but no depth after it 

I would go all in for beal instead

Your suggested trade isn’t realistic as it’s about $20 million dollars away from being legal under the CBA, buzz killington.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Your suggested trade isn’t realistic as it’s about $20 million dollars away from being legal under the CBA, buzz killington.

Thanks. I didnt check the salaries, just thinking talent wise. 

I mean the trade you proposed would be great for us, but I think bos will not even consider it, its bad for them 

4 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Thanks. I didnt check the salaries, just thinking talent wise. 

I mean the trade you proposed would be great for us, but I think bos will not even consider it, its bad for them 

I think in a vacuum and as someone who hasn’t watched Boston much this year it’s easy to think that. Then you have to dig in to the nitty gritty. Rozier wants out and is unhappy with his minutes, Brown has been one of the worst players in the nba this year. Ross is the kind of glue guy that doesn’t need the ball in his hands that could really help with their chemistry issues and he’s a high character locker room guy. And they get another first for the inevitable AD deal we all know is coming. I really think it’s more of a both teams win deal than you’re giving it credit for

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think in a vacuum and as someone who hasn’t watched Boston much this year it’s easy to think that. Then you have to dig in to the nitty gritty. Rozier wants out and is unhappy with his minutes, Brown has been one of the worst players in the nba this year. Ross is the kind of glue guy that doesn’t need the ball in his hands that could really help with their chemistry issues and he’s a high character locker room guy. And they get another first for the inevitable AD deal we all know is coming. I really think it’s more of a both teams win deal than you’re giving it credit for

They would be parting with two very promising (one of them a top 5 pick) and very young guys on their second year with rookie contracts who already showed their talent when given minutes for a great bench wing and the 17th pick.

again, would be great to have them, but it is not realistic that celtics would pull the trigger on that one 

9 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

They would be parting with two very promising (one of them a top 5 pick) and very young guys on their second year with rookie contracts who already showed their talent when given minutes for a great bench wing and the 17th pick.

again, would be great to have them, but it is not realistic that celtics would pull the trigger on that one 

Rozier is on his 4th year and due for an extension this year or hits free agency, Brown is on his 3rd year and is regressing.

What is up with Brown? Dude was so good last year. Just needs more PT?

I think people see Boston and think, it’s Ainge and in the same conference. Yeah they’re gonna try to screw us.

Ainge always has to win in trades but I think if he wants to compete for a title this season he will have to take a loss on a trade. The right losing trade could actually make them a lot better short term which they need to do. They can't piss away this season with such a stacked roster, and AD is also no certainty to go there so they need to make a move.