The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

idk what you mean by this. The Sixers aren't going to just give him away? it's going to take a big offer to get Fultz. 

If we had a JJ Redick type player then at least you can see an avenue but we're lacking in the same department. 

Premise 1- Philly is going all in this season.

Premise 2- Fultz is a net negative due to roster construction. Can't play with Simmons. Simmons and Butler will have an overwhelming majority of playmaking responsibility limiting Fultz's value. Butler and Simmons should play 36+ mpg in the playoffs. 

Premise 3- there are maybe 5 teams interested in trading for Fultz. Us, Phoenix, new Orleans (for whatever reason they snoop around every point guard), the Knicks, and maybe the Spurs. 

Premise 4- they're looking for belinelli and ilyasova types. Shooters at 1, 3, and 4. But more importantly reliable players. Vets with playoff experience

I'm not sure there's many options out there. The Knicks don't have a lot of options to trade and they're actually built to tank. Not sure they'd trade the pick.

Phoenix seems interested in making a deal. But they're looking at sending Bridges, Bender, and their pick. Ariza would be good but can't be traded for 5 weeks. He'll probably end up here if Philly waits. 

New Orleans has E'twaun Moore to offer but he's probably more important to them than Fultz considering they're trying to keep Davis. Can't afford to become worse. 

Augustin is a 39% three point shooter over the past several years and works better as an off ball spacer than the primary facilitator. We're right in the middle of the East where we're not tanking so our pick isn't as valuable to us (though I'd protect it) and Fultz is better than our current point guards. 

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What kind of protection would you put on the first? I’d likely want a top eight protection.

Yeah I'd ask for lotto protection but go down to top 8

42 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

idk what you mean by this. The Sixers aren't going to just give him away? it's going to take a big offer to get Fultz. 

If we had a JJ Redick type player then at least you can see an avenue but we're lacking in the same department. 

No. It really isn’t. They need to clear him off the books to offer another max free agent next year. Fultz is not part of Phillys plans. He won’t be playing for them much longer and his value isn’t very high. Again, when he does get traded you’ll be surprised at how little it’s for. 

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Can we go ahead and dump Simmons, too?

Augustin and Simmons for Fultz works and I'd do it but I'm not sure why they'd want him. 

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Augustin and Simmons for Fultz works and I'd do it but I'm not sure why they'd want him. 

Augustin, Ross and our 1st for Fultz and Muscala makes sense for them

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ugh I want to keep Ross. 

I agree but I think they’ll want him. I’d do that deal with the long view in mind

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I agree but I think they’ll want him. I’d do that deal with the long view in mind

It says a lot about our team's mentality that I don't think we'd be able to survive losing Ross. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ugh I want to keep Ross. 

I think Ross is what it would really take. He’s to perfect a fit for them to not make sense. They need 3nD guy. Ross gives them that with no long term money involved. It’s a perfect scenario. 

I wouldn’t be happy losing Ross but if it gave us a realistic chance at a franchise PG who was the #1 pick 2 years ago I’m in. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I really feel like we’re gonna trade for Fultz.  People are gonna be surprised at how little it takes to get him. 

I hope you’re right, I still have high expectations for Fultz. 

Fultz has zero self-esteem and likely has some serious mental health issues. He may do better here where there's basically no expectations beyond player development but man, I'd hate to lose Ross who's plays hard and is an amazing teammate for a guy who might not stick in the league past his rookie deal.