Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

5 hours ago, 0rland0fan said:

The way I see it is Weltman is trying to bake a cake, and we keep barging into the kitchen taking one look at the batter and complaining that it's missing an egg or not enough sugar.  It's been a day or so after the draft and we came away with quite possibly one of the best players.  Do we need a PG?  Sure!  Do we need scoring?  YES!  Bottom line is that drafting Bamba only made our team better.  We addressed one or our many deficiencies.  We still have some assets we can move, players to re-sign, free agency, and our core is young.  We gotta give this cake time to bake fellas!! 

I couldn't agree more. We're going to build this team the right way: patiently, methodically,  and with a long term vision mindset. 

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I couldn't agree more. We're going to build this team the right way: patiently, methodically,  and with a long term vision mindset. 

And adding Bamba just made us a whole lot more fun to watch.

22 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Plus a healthy Isaac. This could be a fun year. Even if we suck.

I think Ayton is the Emeka Okafor, and Bamba is the Dwight Howard of this draft (minus the ****ty attitude, lack of intelligence, and inability to shoot)

I love the optimism, which frankly we have almost every summer.  Let's hope it translates into something more this year.  For example, these past 6 years, we were basically done watching the team by the end of January (most years it was even before that).  Will this team stay interesting through, say, March of this season?

I'm not talking only about the W-L, although if we're really horrible, like 20-62 or something, I think we won't be too much fun to watch, because people tend to just give up in the second half of a season like that.  It's more about something many of us have been talking about for years.  Do we start to build a coherent identity and make some consistent progress towards whatever that identity is?  Or are we a defensive powerhouse one game, and then give up 70 point halves the next few games?  I haven't really seen any identity for the Magic for a long time, and I hope that changes.  Some kind of progress towards a coherent vision of what this team is supposed to be could be fun to watch, even if the W-L isn't very good.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

unbelievably so, I really loved watching Dwight blocks and lobs

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ok. I've reached full on hype mode. Bamba will be the best player from this draft and a future All Star and DPOY candidate. 

agreed, and it's not even close

9 hours ago, jec said:

Plus a healthy Isaac. This could be a fun year. Even if we suck.

I can't wait for summer league, even if it's a train wreck it'll be a looooong train wreck 

Bamba can really be as good as he wants to be. With his physical profile and coordination he could be the best center in the NBA if he works like crazy. 

Or he might just be Myles Turner. 

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba can really be as good as he wants to be. With his physical profile and coordination he could be the best center in the NBA if he works like crazy. 

Or he might just be Myles Turner. 

Being around guys like Gordon and Ross(maybe even Issac) kind of forces you to at least not want to look like a lazy worker at the least and at the most you inherit their work ethic. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ok. I've reached full on hype mode. Bamba will be the best player from this draft and a future All Star and DPOY candidate. 

You would not be saying that if Bamba was drafted by another team