magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

10 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not want Leonard here, we would have to give him a supermax which Leonard is not worth that!

we couldn't give him a super max spurs would have to then we'd have to trade Gordon Isaac Bamba and 2019 1st and 2021 first. We'd probably have to throw you in for good measure, which we can not afford at this point in the rebuild.

I don't want Leonard as I have no confidence he'd actually resign here even if we were hypothetically like an ECF team with him. 

Weird situation. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't want Leonard as I have no confidence he'd actually resign here even if we were hypothetically like an ECF team with him. 

Weird situation. 

indeed

Put Leonard on this team and I’m still not convinced we’re an ECF team at all. I think Leonard is really good but he’s not that Durant or Lebron level where no matter where he goes that team is great. 

56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Regardless of what they think of him he's been out of the rotation. They could use an upgrade there. 

...out of the rotation for a coach that was fired. No telling how Nurse viewed Powell.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Put Leonard on this team and I’m still not convinced we’re an ECF team at all. I think Leonard is really good but he’s not that Durant or Lebron level where no matter where he goes that team is great. 

True

What could we even hypothetically offer a guy like Exum? 

I don’t think he’s very good but I wouldn’t be mad if we brought him in either. 

Edit: Looking at his PER36 and his numbers are actually pretty good. He can’t shoot though which is the biggest issue. But can’t say I wouldn’t be intrigued by 

Exum/Mario/Issac/AG/Bamba 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Put Leonard on this team and I’m still not convinced we’re on ECF team at all. I think Leonard is really good but he’s not that Durant or Lebron level where no matter where he goes that team is great. 

If LeBron goes West the East is pretty weak. Augustin-kawhi-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba wouldn't be a favorite but it's not inconceivable. 

But my point is more that winning isn't a guarantee to keep him. He's operating by a weird set of rules.

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

No way

You have to have a lot of faith to think Thomas can get back to any level close to his pre-injury play to believe this. He was atrocious last year.

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Durant hasn't  proven that, poor example. LeBron? spot on