magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'm not convinced a front court of Bamba, Isaac, and Gordon provides enough shooting.

I'm convinced. All three can shoot

55 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Sign and trade AG for a playmaker and resign Mario and play him at the 3.

Wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I just feel like AG may become the odd man out in the future when it's time to pay Isaac and Bamba. If our offense isn't good by that time, AG will be moved

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

20 m in capspace for who though? We're not getting any of the top 5 free agents and AG is better than most of the rest.

Cap space isn't just for free agents.  It can be used to facilitate a lopsided trade, or obtain future draft assets by taking back a bad contract.

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I just feel like AG may become the odd man out in the future when it's time to pay Isaac and Bamba. If our offense isn't good by that time, AG will be moved

It would be one thing if AG was skilled with the ball. He's not. He has improved but not on the level to where having 3 guys who are more off the ball players makes sense.

10 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Cap space isn't just for free agents.  It can be used to facilitate a lopsided trade, or obtain future draft assets by taking back a bad contract.

But will any of those assets be as good as AG? Probably not.