magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What the definition of a non shooter?

Like what's the important qualities?

Fournier is a 40% catch and shoot guy. Gordon is 39%. Issac is 38%. Bamba is unknown. 

Before taking the last 17 games we were league average in three point shooting and league average in threes made per game. Is shooting really that big of an issue?

But if we move Vuch and possibly Fournier we lose a lot of points and good shooting.

Just now, HeHateMe said:

On pacers Real GM Page they seem to want Mario more than they want AG.

They can have him. I see more potential in Jackson or Frazier. I had high hopes for Mario, but something is missing there. 

15 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

The people who want Ball on here are dreaming and delusional. Ball's father would throw a fit with Lonzo being in a small market and we'd have the same issue SA is having with K. Leonard. 

+ we need a shooting PG. He have enough athletic non-shooters in this starting line-up as is. 

About a week or so ago I was listening to Colin cowherd and he actually had lavar and liangelo on. Cowherd started talking about how Lonzo might get traded this summer and lavar handled it better than I thought. He just said that Lakers and magic would be making a horrible decision but ultimately it wouldn’t matter where he played. Cowherd then made a point about how BBB would suffer if Lonzo was in a small market and he said that he isn’t worried about that and think his brand and Lonzo can exceed anywhere. (Listed off teams like Charlotte and Milwaukee If I remember correctly as examples).

Also I think now that he realized liangelo probably won’t be an nba player, his dream of having all 3 of the sons on the same team will be put to rest. 

I think lavar starts to focus on his program for HS grads that decide to skip college. So I don’t think we’ll have as big of a circus going on.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-06-12-lavar-ball-talks-lonzokuzma-beef-ball-family-distractions/

Let's actually talk about this: 

We all want an upgrade at PG. But why? DJ is an adequate passer, a pretty good shooter, and good locker room presence. His knock? He's short and therefore is a liability on defense. However, with Mo Bamba, Jonathan Isaac, and Aaron Gordon running the 3-5, do we need someone who is tall or someone who can shoot and be a floor general on a good salary?

You know what this scenario reminds me of?

Jammer Nelson. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

We all want an upgrade at PG. But why? DJ is an adequate passer, a pretty good shooter, and good locker room presence. His knock? He's short and therefore is a liability on defense. However, with Mo Bamba, Jonathan Isaac, and Aaron Gordon running the 3-5, do we need someone who is tall or someone who can shoot and be a floor general on a good salary?

Jammer Nelson. 

I don’t remember jameer refusing to pass to certain players. Nelson>>>>>>DJ

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Jammer Nelson. 

This is what I’ve been saying. Unless you can get someone with legit starter potential (Fultz, ball) I’m completely fine rolling out DJ this year. No need to force it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

About a week or so ago I was listening to Colin cowherd and he actually had lavar and liangelo on. Cowherd started talking about how Lonzo might get traded this summer and lavar handled it better than I thought. He just said that Lakers and magic would be making a horrible decision but ultimately it wouldn’t matter where he played. Cowherd then made a point about how BBB would suffer if Lonzo was in a small market and he said that he isn’t worried about that and think his brand and Lonzo can exceed anywhere. (Listed off teams like Charlotte and Milwaukee If I remember correctly as examples).

Also I think now that he realized liangelo probably won’t be an nba player, his dream of having all 3 of the sons on the same team will be put to rest. 

I think lavar starts to focus on his program for HS grads that decide to skip college. So I don’t think we’ll have as big of a circus going on.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-06-12-lavar-ball-talks-lonzokuzma-beef-ball-family-distractions/

Fair point. I haven't spent much time listening to Lavar recently. If he really has taken some humble pie, I would be willing to roll the dice on Lonzo - that is if he thought he could begin to develop a jump shot. I'm still not convinced ownership will pass Lonzo and his family coming to the Magic. 

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

But if we move Vuch and possibly Fournier we lose a lot of points and good shooting.

If we're getting lonzo I think we need to keep Fournier

• Upvote 1

I think Lonzo is realistic because he’d be a terrible fit next to LeBron, if the Lakers really think LeBron is going there. Also, if Patty Mills winds up in LA with LeBron, watch out, he’s the perfect point guard to put in a lineup with him.

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Also, if Patty Mills winds up in LA with LeBron, watch out, he’s the perfect point guard to put in a lineup with him.

So true

We’ll make the playoffs next year if we get Ball. Book it. I’m calling it now. 

Ball/Fournier/AG/Issac/Bamba 

That’ll get us in.