magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Come on people. Can we please stop quoting this guy let him yell into the void? I hate having to sift through all the garbage even after muting him.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Odin said:

I'd do the Thunder pick, don't think we should have to do our pick.

This has to be in conjunction with the Kawhi deal and I think they'd only include us if we funnel that pick to the Spurs. 

Also I did the math and iwundu and pervis would need to be included to make the money work

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think he'd be a terrible fit either. He just wouldn't play

Deng is known as a high character guy, right? Sounds like a perfectly fine locker room guy/ end of the bench guy.

3 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Is Deng at least an expiring contract?

We'd probably have to take a bad contract if we wanted Ball, but then again, were doing them a favor to get Khawi.

How bad is Deng's contract?

No, it is $18M this year and $18.8M next. I'm not sure how bad that really is, because he didn't really play last year; because they were trying to give the minutes to their younger players.  He played 13 minutes in only 1 game all year. The truth is, nobody knows for sure if he has any game left or not; but probably not much. What can be said FOR him, is that he did not cause any issues for the team either in the media, or the locker room; but by most accounts, was the consummate professional about it. He did request a trade, but with his salary one was not forthcoming. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm on the Lonzo/Deng train. Deng can be a solid vet and fits the mould of our roster and he comes off the books when Biz does. But really he's just something we put up with to get Ball. I'm not sold on Balls personality as a fit for this team but he's super talented and I think moving away from LA might be better for his career.

I just dont like basically giving up 2 years of being able to bring in anyone in favor of Lonzo. I dont think he's worth wasting 2 years of team building for.

The contracts of Biyombo and Fournier need to go, not get added to.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

This has to be in conjunction with the Kawhi deal and I think they'd only include us if we funnel that pick to the Spurs. 

Also I did the math and iwundu and pervis would need to be included to make the money work

What kind of protections on the pick?

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm still standing by ball and Deng for vuc Simmons and the 19 pick. 

If we're taking Deng, we should not have to include the pick.

But I think trading for Ball is the best move we can make this off-season

Just now, Odin said:

Deng is known as a high character guy, right? Sounds like a perfectly fine locker room guy/ end of the bench guy.

And if he rehabs back to being Serviceable he can be our backup 4

6 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Is it possible to check your ID. This forum content might not be appropriate for someone under 18. 

I can send you a picture of my id through private message if you want

13 minutes ago, Odin said:

In this situation, the Deng fit is unimportant, as we are basically taking Ball in payment for the terrible contract. Ball's potential fit is the thing of more concern. Deng mostly just needs to be a good vet, not cause issues in the locker room, and maybe play some spot minutes.

I really hope Lonzo is working on his shot with a real shooting coach, like Bamba. 

I get that, I just think Vuc/Simmons/OKC pick plus taking back Deng's contract is too much for Ball. I just don't like his game that much; and the Lavar baggage just adds to my concerns.