magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, Franchise408 said:

Is Deng at least an expiring contract?

We'd probably have to take a bad contract if we wanted Ball, but then again, were doing them a favor to get Khawi.

How bad is Deng's contract?

Expires same year as Biz. 2020.

2 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I did not attack, I was asking to make sure he is a Magic fan because Magic fans should not be wanting players with awful contracts like Bismack

Magic fans can want whatever they want.

FTW and I rarely agree on what is best for the team. That doesnt negate his or my fandom, nor negate his or my knowledge of the game.

We'd probably have to take a bad contract if we wanted Ball, but then again, were doing them a favor to get Khawi.

Deng's contract is bad. 2 more years at 18 million next year and 19 million the following year.

No, he has 2 years left and he has the same contract as Bismack and why would Magic do the Lakers any favors, Magic should be hating the Lakers 

• Downvote 1

Magic fans can want whatever they want.

FTW and I rarely agree on what is best for the team. That doesnt negate his or my fandom, nor negate his or my knowledge of the game.

If you say so

• Downvote 1

Just now, Odin said:

Deng's contract is bad. 2 more years at 18 million next year and 19 million the following year.

Ay caray.

So 2 seasons of horrible contracts hindering our ability to further develop the roster until they come off the books.

Call it another reason why I'm #TeamIsaiah and not #TeamLonzo

8 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I did not attack, I was asking to make sure he is a Magic fan because Magic fans should not be wanting players with awful contracts like Bismack

Is it possible to check your ID. This forum content might not be appropriate for someone under 18. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Nope. Our 2019 pick

I'd do the Thunder pick, don't think we should have to do our pick.

7 minutes ago, Odin said:

In this situation, the Deng fit is unimportant, as we are basically taking Ball in payment for the terrible contract. Ball's potential fit is the thing of more concern. Deng mostly just needs to be a good vet, not cause issues in the locker room, and maybe play some spot minutes.

I really hope Lonzo is working on his shot with a real shooting coach, like Bamba. 

I don't think he'd be a terrible fit either. He just wouldn't play

I'm on the Lonzo/Deng train. Deng can be a solid vet and fits the mould of our roster and he comes off the books when Biz does. But really he's just something we put up with to get Ball. I'm not sold on Balls personality as a fit for this team but he's super talented and I think moving away from LA might be better for his career.