magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

People suggest players to keep or bring in, or team building strategies, that I think are bad all the time.

I dont tell people to shut up about it.

Ask ?ForTheWin about our debates regarding tanking.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

From us? Or the league in general?

Cuz if it's in regards to us, while I'd be happy to have him, we dont have room for him with his position.

More so the league. 

Ok just as a little reset right now to show where we're at.

Our 9 man rotation is:

Pg: Augustin

Wing: Fournier-Ross-Simmons

Forward: Gordon-Isaac

Big: Vucevic-Biyombo-Bamba

1 minute ago, Franchise408 said:

I dont entirely agree or disagree, but I'm gonna shoot you an upvote for the well thought out counter argument.

I would say, on the age thing, the age doesnt bother me because I dont see him as the long term PG. Hes a 1 or 2 year piece until we get our real PG of the future (far as I know theres no affordable candidates out there for us?)

He's also good enough that he could potentially be a trade piece for us as well.

As others have said, I also like his heart and hustle. His individual stats dont bother me so much because we aren't a contender this year, so what does it hurt if he actually leads to us losing games (which I don't think he would. I think he'd be a positive for our win totals, and potentially push us towards a playoff berth as well. But perhaps I'm over hyping him)

But I particularly like the fit because as I said, it keeps Fournier and Gordon from being our #1 and #2 options, and pushes them down to a more appropriate #2 and #3. I think that can help their development because they won't be asked to do more than they are capable of and can develop in their more appropriate roles on this team.

Just wondering- if Thomas' stats don't bother you, why are you against Lonzo? Lonzo is basically already better than Thomas in every facet of the game other than shooting- and Thomas' shooting regressed so much that it really isn't that far off. Lonzo is also relatively cheap at 5+ million a year and, at 20 years old, will likely continue to improve in the future.

I am not that high on Lonzo myself- but if the cost isn't prohibitive, I would take a chance on his potential.

I think Fournier is basically who he is going to be now. The only ok thing about bringing on Isaiah instead of someone like Jeff Green, is that at least he wouldn't be blocking minutes from any young player. Other than that, I don't think I see a positive.

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Noel to OKC, Favors back to Utah

i was hoping Favors signed elsewhere so we could have a better chance to trade for Exum (with Vuc). 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Our 9 man rotation is:

Need:

1 starting PG (Ball, Kemba, Bledsoe)

1 3rd string PG (Jameer or Ennis)

1 floor-spacing PF (Bjelica)

For some reason multiple bucks fans are interested in a bledsoe for vucevic swap. 

I guess he might not be as good as they hoped but even if he did regress they're on similar contracts. Let's just deal with that. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Our 9 man rotation is:

What about Khem?

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

i was hoping Favors signed elsewhere so we could have a better chance to trade for Exum (with Vuc). 

You get your hopes up too much , I knew Favors would stay with Jazz, if Jazz was a awful team, Favors would have left