Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. I tend to be pro taunting. 

But in the same kind of situation it's stupid Thompson was ejected for whatever he did unless I missed him trying to hurt Livingston by getting under him or something. 

gorilla pounding your chest and shimmying with your shoulders, directly at your opponent. It's baiting IMO. If he's doing it on the sidelines or towards the crowd, ok, still unprofessional but you let it slide b/c it's to pump up the team, crowd, etc. but right at the guy, in a moment like that with everything that just happened, it's baiting. And TT obviously took exception to that. The ref should not have been surprised or shocked that someone blew up because of that. 

I feel bad for JR, he is the butt of jokes right now. Even the media members at the post game interviews are all laughing it up.

The cavs didn't lose because of that one play. Cavs missed shots, missed FTs down the stretch, made blunders, just like any other game. 

36 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Never. They ended up getting the call right but the change isn't really allowed. Apparently you're only allowed to review for presence in the restricted area. So they made the correct call incorrectly. 

I absolutely hate when referees change the outcome of a game, especially one of this importance. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nba-lebron-review-charge-block-replay-video-reaction-game-1-cavs-warriors Many non Cavs NBA players and fans are saying since it was obvious that LeBron was out of the restricted area that it wasn't reviewable. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA apologizes and says it should not have been overturned. Meanwhile...

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

gorilla pounding your chest and shimmying with your shoulders, directly at your opponent. It's baiting IMO. If he's doing it on the sidelines or towards the crowd, ok, still unprofessional but you let it slide b/c it's to pump up the team, crowd, etc. but right at the guy, in a moment like that with everything that just happened, it's baiting. And TT obviously took exception to that. The ref should not have been surprised or shocked that someone blew up because of that. 

Uh....This is American Sports.  I never complain about that. That's part of sports and they are the Golden State Warriors.  I wonder what the Heat did when they had a big three.  I definitely recall allot of taunting allot of dancing and celebration after winning.  The Lakers..the same thing but dramatically less.  Detroit and Boston never did that.   

This is the game..if there's no taunting...how the ***** are there suppose to get enjoyment out of the sport.  I know everyone hates Draymond but that hatred is what leads to his current character.  The extent that people will go to insult the guy on various networks to point of racial derogatory comments or even him being potentially stabbed or even murdered, I don't care anymore.  This is personally why I despise Cavs fans of all fans.  There hate is personal to the point of murder they'll say something extremely out of line.  

Draymond can do his.  I hope he keeps winning and I thought that was a great strategy to provoke Raymond into suspension by the Cavs.  How pathetic.  

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I absolutely hate when referees change the outcome of a game, especially one of this importance. https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/nba-lebron-review-charge-block-replay-video-reaction-game-1-cavs-warriors Many non Cavs NBA players and fans are saying since it was obvious that LeBron was out of the restricted area that it wasn't reviewable. I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA apologizes and says it should not have been overturned. Meanwhile...

Since LeBron has gotten away with so many forearms to count and illegal goal tends, i don't care anymore.  I didn't see the screen so I can't judge the play. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He ran into Durant and was still moving during the contact. That's a blocking foul. You can't move coming as a help side defender. If Durant was a magic player we'd all be livid. 

You damn right! Lmao

In regards to that charge call late in the game. For me that's a block every day of the week, I'm not sure what the argument is that it wasn't a block, Lebron was coming across and still moving on contact and didn't get hit square in the chest. I know most of the complaining is about how it got to a review and people have every right to be upset about that, but the call itself was right in the end.

So I believe the league may apologise that the play ended up going to a review, surely one of the refs could see that Lebron was clearly outside the protected area. But the refs themselves made the right decision once the wrong decision was made to go to a review. Once they are in the review process though they made the right call.

J.R. Smith play, I just don't understand in a game of this magnitude that someone on the court wouldn't know the score, it baffles me, makes you realise that some players in this league don't take it as seriously as people would think they do.

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Uh....This is American Sports.  I never complain about that. That's part of sports and they are the Golden State Warriors.  I wonder what the Heat did when they had a big three.  I definitely recall allot of taunting allot of dancing and celebration after winning.  The Lakers..the same thing but dramatically less.  Detroit and Boston never did that.   

This is the game..if there's no taunting...how the ***** are there suppose to get enjoyment out of the sport.

The game is still going on. It’s also game 1, with three games left to play and anything can happen. It’s the same thing as Paul mocking Curry with his shimmy and that totally backfired. I’m not saying they have to be robots but right in someone’s face? Expect a hard foul next possession, and that’s exactly what happened with TT. 

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

In regards to that charge call late in the game. For me that's a charge every day of the week, I'm not sure what the argument is that it wasn't a charge, Lebron was coming across and still moving on contact and didn't get hit square in the chest. I know most of the complaining is about how it got to a review and people have every right to be upset about that, but the call itself was right in the end.

So I believe the league may apologise that the play ended up going to a review, surely one of the refs could see that Lebron was clearly outside the protected area. But the refs themselves made the right decision once the wrong decision was made to go to a review. Once they are in the review process though they made the right call.

J.R. Smith play, I just don't understand in a game of this magnitude that someone on the court wouldn't know the score, it baffles me, makes you realise that some players in this league don't take it as seriously as people would think they do.

You mean block?