Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Clifford the big magic coach

No for Izzo. The only college coaches that I would be remotely excited about would be Jay Wright and Shaka Smart. 

Steve Clifford isn't a bad name to be floating around our organization, but I'd still rather have Vanterpool as the head coach and Stackhouse as the assistant coach. 

5 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

There is no need to rush. There was not any obvious candidate who was a perfect fit. I'll give em benefit of the doubt in this one

I agree with this. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I actually trust our Front Office guys. If they're taking a long time, then they're being diligent to get the man they want for the long run. I don't think we go someone who can give it another 5 years max. I think we're looking for a guy who can be a 5-10 year guy and rebuild this thing all the way to being a top seed in the East. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

There is no need to rush. There was not any obvious candidate who was a perfect fit. I'll give em benefit of the doubt in this one

Fizdale might've worked.

once were the last opening in the league the ball will really be in our court and well have true freedom to survey the landscape. I bet were the last to strike,  just like last free agency with Simmons.  our front office is a calm patient calculated bunch

38 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

No for Izzo. The only college coaches that I would be remotely excited about would be Jay Wright and Shaka Smart. 

Steve Clifford isn't a bad name to be floating around our organization, but I'd still rather have Vanterpool as the head coach and Stackhouse as the assistant coach. 

I do not want Stackhouse as the assistant coach, if Vanterpool or Clifford gets fired, Magic might hire Stackhouse as head coach, no thanks! Stay away from Stackhouse at all costs! 

17 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not want Stackhouse as the assistant coach, if Vanterpool or Clifford gets fired, Magic might hire Stackhouse as head coach, no thanks! Stay away from Stackhouse at all costs! 

What exactly have you based your opinion on Stackhouse on?

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

What exactly have you based your opinion on Stackhouse on?

Because Stackhouse sounds like a Jacque Vaughn hiring to me so that is why I do not want him anywhere near our Magic 

4 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Because Stackhouse sounds like a Jacque Vaughn hiring to me so that is why I do not want him anywhere near our Magic 

In other words, no reason at all.

• Like 2