Sign in to follow this  
Magicpassion

Who’s our point guard of the future?

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We shouldn't be this bad next year even if we make no changes.  The opening day starters shouldn't miss 140 games next year.  Add another 69 missed games if you go off the original 9 man rotation. 

Last year we only lost 107 games from the entire 10 man rotation.  

Year before that we lost 124 games.

A typical injury season we probably win how many more games? 

Yes in theory but I don't see us having the same roster come next season, I see us making deals that are worse short term and better long term

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Yes in theory but I don't see us having the same roster come next season, I see us making deals that are worse short term and better long term

I couldn't fathom a deal that is worse short term

Like even if you trade vucevic and Fournier for nothing.  Adding 80 extra occurrences of Gordon, isaac, and ross with more depth is going to help a ton. 

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Like even if you trade vucevic and Fournier for nothing.  Adding 80 extra occurrences of Gordon, isaac, and ross with more depth is going to help a ton. 

yeah you're pretty much right lol 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

We’d win more games for sure but we’d need offensive players to beat the good teams.  

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

With Isaac having a full off-season to thicken up, Fournier, Ross, Simmons, and AG to completely heal,  hopefully a defensive center in the starting lineup, and the addition of at least 1 of our 3 picks being NBA ready we couldn't possibly be as bad as we are right now. I would think that we pick up a PG with at least 1 of our 3 picks and we should be looking at Young, Sexton, SAG, Carter, Brunson, Milton, or Graham as our PG of the future. The way DJ & Mack have been playing we can take our time in bringing our new PG up to speed unless they show in camp they are ready to start above those 2. I really like the 6'6 aspect of SAG and Milton if we decide to go big on our 1st pick and I hope the FO can finagle a way to get one of them.

I’m not nearly as optimistic as you are.  I think the team will have a very hard time bouncing back from this awful season unless there are wholesale changes.  Too many players on this team who’ve developed a losing mindset. 

26 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We’d win more games for sure but we’d need offensive players to beat the good teams.  

Sure.  This is more in reference to not being able to get a high pick next year

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not nearly as optimistic as you are.  I think the team will have a very hard time bouncing back from this awful season unless there are wholesale changes.  Too many players on this team who’ve developed a losing mindset. 

There's only 8 players remaining from last year and 4 remaining from the year before. And there's a decent chance that goes to 5 and 1 next year.  

58 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

There's only 8 players remaining from last year and 4 remaining from the year before. And there's a decent chance that goes to 5 and 1 next year.  

Works for me :)

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think we'll see those wholesale changes. Changing to a defense minded center will make a vast improvement. Having a PG that will spread the floor by being a threat from 3 will be a major change. It's going to be an interesting summer. 

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think we'll see those wholesale changes. Changing to a defense minded center will make a vast improvement. Having a PG that will spread the floor by being a threat from 3 will be a major change. It's going to be an interesting summer. 

Amen to all that.  I very much hope that you’re right. 

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I believe that is a very good analogy and look forward as well to this much needed change. I like what Utah has put together.