Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

....Not the guy you want

I don't even know who I would take with the first pick. If YOU know who I would take please PM me the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow's drawing LOL. I'd almost be tempted to trade back a few spots if we can still be top 4 and pick up an unprotected 2019 or a good player. I would love to have any of Doncic, Young, Ayton, or Bagley. who would you take with #1?

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And then the question becomes who else can we get for 3/30? If he is our guy and our window is 3-4 years, maybe we want to offer him a longer deal with a team option?

I’m fine with adding another year. A team option would be ideal though to make sure he continues growth. Part of me thinks this growth is from there finally being a fire under his ass. And the fire has unlocked his rookie potential finally

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

I’m fine with adding another year. A team option would be ideal though to make sure he continues growth. Part of me thinks this growth is from there finally being a fire under his ass. And the fire has unlocked his rookie potential finally

I agree. It seems coincidently that he started playing well right after his option was declined and BBall fans all over the country were saying he was probably done in the NBA and would be back on the bench in Europe.

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

From my understanding that is all we can offer him for THE FIRST YEAR of a contract but we can load up the subsequent years if we want to.

Your understanding is wrong

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And by the way we have sole possession of the worst record in the NBA, tied with nobody!!! I'm loving this playing great games but still losing. And with the 1st pick of the 2018 draft the Orlando Magic take_________________

Trae Freakin Young from Oklahoma University 

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't even know who I would take with the first pick. If YOU know who I would take please PM me the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow's drawing LOL. I'd almost be tempted to trade back a few spots if we can still be top 4 and pick up an unprotected 2019 or a good player. I would love to have any of Doncic, Young, Ayton, or Bagley. who would you take with #1?

Your previous comments would suggest young Sexton or doncic would be your pick.  If the draft were today and we had the #1 pick I would pick Ayton as he has the most star power right now.

8 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Who do y’all think the players are going to be that get the big bump in value from March madness play? Kinda like Fox and Jackson did last year

It’s more fun to think of potential unknowns or unheralded players stepping up but I think Bagley might make some noise

Trae Young for me at the moment.

Steph Curry range with Steve Nash ability to penetrate and dish. And his team is 12-1  when he's responsible for  more than half of team points total rather if he's scoring or assisting.

50 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Your previous comments would suggest young Sexton or doncic would be your pick.  If the draft were today and we had the #1 pick I would pick Ayton as he has the most star power right now.

I agree.  If you're drafting for "guy most likely to be good" you take doncic. If you're drafting for "guy most likely to make an all nba first team" you take Ayton. 

I really like Doncic but if you're picking at 1 you have to take Ayton.  

Everyone has to accept that Mario is gone. It’s an unfortunate blunder by Weltman and it stings badly because we all loved Mario, he dissapeared, now he’s showing he’s a solid rotational player—but he’s gone. 

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I agree.  If you're drafting for "guy most likely to be good" you take doncic. If you're drafting for "guy most likely to make an all nba first team" you take Ayton. 

I really like Doncic but if you're picking at 1 you have to take Ayton.  

Ayton doesn't strike you as a taller Al Jefferson?

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Ayton doesn't strike you as a taller Al Jefferson?

No.  He moves really well on the perimeter.  His defensive struggles are of the help defense variety.  And it baffles scouts because he has the athletic profile to be deandre Jordan on that end.