Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

I worry about young being able to score against nba caliber defenders.  

I think I'd rather have Sexton 

Me, too.

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I worry about young being able to score against nba caliber defenders.  

I think I'd rather have Sexton 

Whichever team gets Young can build game plans around getting him open. He's roughly the same size as Curry. I think he is crafty enough to figure out ways to score or pass when he's being hounded. That being said I wouldn't be disappointed taking Sexton with a later pick. Won't it be great to have a PG that the other team will actually have to guard tightly?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Whichever team gets Young can build game plans around getting him open. He's roughly the same size as Curry. I think he is crafty enough to figure out ways to score or pass when he's being hounded. That being said I wouldn't be disappointed taking Sexton with a later pick. Won't it be great to have a PG that the other team will actually have to guard tightly?

Curry is paired with another top 5 shooter of all time to help him keep spacing.  

So they call Sexton “Young Bull.” To me, he’s a mixture of Bledsoe and Westbrook. Dude has a 7’ wingspan, is crazy athletic, and plays with great intensity. Given our management’s history drafting length and athleticism, he fits that mold to a “t.” And for those questioning whether he can score the ball, he averages more than Smith Jr. did last year and gets to the line 7.7 times a game. All that being said, I believe I’d be happy with Young or Sexton.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So they call Sexton “Young Bull.” To me, he’s a mixture of Bledsoe and Westbrook. Dude has a 7’ wingspan, is crazy athletic, and plays with great intensity. Given our management’s history drafting length and athleticism, he fits that mold to a “t.” And for those questioning whether he can score the ball, he averages more than Smith Jr. did last year and gets to the line 7.7 times a game. All that being said, I believe I’d be happy with Young or Sexton.

Wait he has a 7’ wingspan? That is crazy. That  might be more crazy than Rondo’s 6’9” wingspan.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

Wait he has a 7’ wingspan? That is crazy. That  might be more crazy than Rondo’s 6’9” wingspan.

Its rumored but exaggerated.  More like 6'10

I love Sexton but he's a combo guard and doesn't see the floor half as well as young. He's a play finished not a playmaker. youngs poise is so impressive, he's not gonna be game planned the same way in the league otherwise it's kind all day for Gordon and Isaac, which may happen regardless. he pushes the upcourt transition pass about 80 percent as well as Lonzo did and that's saying a lot. He shot well from 3 despite being guarded by a 6'7" dude half the time. his bball is is off the charts, he'll bear you in a game of chess, Sexton will flip the game board and force you to arm wrestle him. I'd be tremendously happy with either guard but my preference for team building has me leaning Young.

• Like 1

Just now, Murphy13 said:

I actually liked Sexton better in the game today.  I'm not sold on Young, he's tiny and can get overwhelmed physically.  

overwhelmed physically but not mentally, still had 5 assists by half time 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Curry is paired with another top 5 shooter of all time to help him keep spacing.  

yeah id say it's as much the awesome screens from dray and bogut/pachulia over the years