Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yes. As I've said before, you shoot for the stars in the draft. Free agency exists for a reason

Yup n that's why you shoot for the most versatile shooter in the draft

18 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Who would add offense though?

Offense would be a little rough this route. But I don't think we are going to be able to fix all our holes in one draft/off-season. For me if we come out of it with an identity like you said in your follow-up post, and drastically improve our chemistry and culture (don't need high draft picks and big FA money to do this, just need to do a full clean out of the main culprits) I'd be delighted.

Having said that about rough offense, I still can't see it all being roses if we draft a Trae Young, he's not gonna suit up day 1 and start dropping 20 and 8. At least with Bamba, his strengths that he brings can be present from game 1 and also going with him will hopefully mean no Vuc on opening night, and I believe getting rid of him from the starting line-up (and all together TBH) will do more for us going forward than fixing our PG issues.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Offense would be a little rough this route. But I don't think we are going to be able to fix all our holes in one draft/off-season. For me if we come out of it with an identity like you said in your follow-up post, and drastically improve our chemistry and culture (don't need high draft picks and big FA money to do this, just need to do a full clean out of the main culprits) I'd be delighted.

Having said that about rough offense, I still can't see it all being roses if we draft a Trae Young, he's not gonna suit up day 1 and start dropping 20 and 8. At least with Bamba, his strengths that he brings can be present from game 1 and also going with him will hopefully mean no Vuc on opening night, and I believe getting rid of him from the starting line-up (and all together TBH) will do more for us going forward than fixing our PG issues.

That's fair

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Yup n that's why you shoot for the most versatile shooter in the draft

I'd rather have potential Rudy Gobert over potential Isaiah thomas. But I'd also rather have potential whatever the hell jjj is over both

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'd rather have potential Rudy Gobert over potential Isaiah thomas. But I'd also rather have potential whatever the hell jjj is over both

You know what I'd really like? Having two top 8 picks. Just a pipe dream though

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Or whatever the hell Doncic is. My top 3 are Doncic, JJJ, Ayton. I think Ayton might have Ben Simmons-itis, aka I am ready for the NBA already, why do I have to do this College Basketball thing. Then again, Ayton might be like KAT in the defensive end. (That’s why I prefer JJJ. I prefer the guy that show that he is willing to work on defense and where putting the effort on that side doesn’t have to be a constant struggle.)

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I am very high on JJJ too! If we could grab him, get rid of Vuc or bring him off the bench, pick up a good PG, and shore up our rotations I would be a very happy Magic fan.

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

+1 from me

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah I'd have to agree. JJJ is going to kill this league

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

BUT you're thinking of the wrong Thomas