Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah screw Allen Iverson who needs those guys with DJ and The Mack

Iverson isn't a good player to build around in today's nba. Defenses have figured out how to manage isolation scorers. There's a reason why Devin Booker has a limited impact on Phoenix's offense. 

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Iverson isn't a good player to build around in today's nba. Defenses have figured out how to manage isolation scorers. There's a reason why Devin Booker has a limited impact on Phoenix's offense. 

but young is so much more than an isolation scorer, he can play off ball, hes a facilitator, a tempo pusher, a drive and kicker, he can make full court bounce passes with either hand, there's like 5 players in the world that can do that.

And btw AI would average 35 in today's game, no one's stopping that crossover. And please explain to me the defenses that have figured out how to manage Harden and Lebron??

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

And btw AI would average 35 in today's game, no one's stopping that crossover. And please explain to me the defenses that have figured out how to manage Harden and Lebron??

Don't

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

This is ironic b/c I feel there's a pretty decent chance that his career follows a path closer to Augustin or Shelvin.

that's his 12th year basement

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Seriously? Iverson in today’s “don’t touch defense” he might average 40. Your statement has to be a joke right? Mcgrady just said he would average 35 now. AI was better!!!

I was really high on Young when he was killing it just based on his box scores alone. After actually seeing him play a few games I still LIKE him a lot but I don't think he is the answer to what we need because of his lack of defense. We need to be building a balanced squad with no holes on defense. No Vuc at center, and no PG that can't defend. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I was really high on Young when he was killing it just based on his box scores alone. After actually seeing him play a few games I still LIKE him a lot but I don't think he is the answer to what we need because of his lack of defense. We need to be building a balanced squad with no holes on defense. No Vuc at center, and no PG that can't defend. 

We need a dominant scorer and no vuc. More than some balanced 15 point scorers. We need a guy to just say go get some buckets. Especially at crunch time and with his passing skill he will find the open guy if his shot isn’t available. 

33 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously? Iverson in today’s “don’t touch defense” he might average 40. Your statement has to be a joke right? Mcgrady just said he would average 35 now. AI was better!!!

90s defense is massively overrated

That cherry picked Twitter thread is incredibly silly. If someone made a similar compilation of wide open LeBron layups and dunks that wouldn’t prove anything. Surprised you would put that on this thread as if you were proving a point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We need a dominant scorer and no vuc. More than some balanced 15 point scorers. We need a guy to just say go get some buckets. Especially at crunch time and with his passing skill he will find the open guy if his shot isn’t available. 

I agree, I'm just not 100% sure that Trae is that guy. He could be Steph, but he could also be Jimmer. Hopefully he'll be somewhere in between and closer to the Steph end. I'm hoping for a high enough pick that the professionals who have a lot more to go on than we do can make the right choice that will improve our team. Doncic as a 6'8 PG would also be a great guy to say "go get some buckets" to!

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In iverson's prime he had a season with a .412 effective field goal percentage that'd rank 467th this year.  

Wasn't one of Iverson's strengths also that he was very athletic/quick for his size? Meanwhile, Trae Young's athleticism is supposedly one of his biggest weaknesses.