Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That Celtics pick is a bit more complex than that. In 2018 it’s tied directly to the 76ers pick from the Lakers. If I’m researching right, if that pick falls between 2-5 it will go to Boston, if it falls anywhere else, it goes to Philadelphia. Then, if Philadelphia keeps the ‘18 Lakers pick, Boston will get the better of the two ‘19 first round picks that Philly owns (their own and the Kings). That pick is the one that’s only protection is first overall.

That will be the Kings and could be top 3.  Perhaps I will root that the Kings get #1 and can keep it!!!!   lol!!!

So with the Mavs winning tonight we have sole possession of 4th place. If we didn't win another game and Atlanta only beats us then we will finish tied for 3rd worst. If Atlanta wins 2 games and we win none we own 3rd place!

If we beat Brooklyn tomorrow, that meaningless win moves us into a 3 way tie for 3rd worst only 1 game behind the Chicago tankers and moves the Cavs into a better pick.

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So with the Mavs winning tonight we have sole possession of 4th place. If we didn't win another game and Atlanta only beats us then we will finish tied for 3rd worst. If Atlanta wins 2 games and we win none we own 3rd place!

If we beat Brooklyn tomorrow, that meaningless win moves us into a 3 way tie for 3rd worst only 1 game behind the Chicago tankers and moves the Cavs into a better pick.

this is THE CRITICAL TIME for front office to step in, sit down Frank and let him know that we can not win another game

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if Phyilly wins the lottery and selects Luka 1st overall like I just got on Tankathon I'll be truly crushed 

Look for phlly, Lakers or nets(cavs) to win the lottery. NBA does what nba does. Just sit down and take your medicine, all is right in the world. 

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if Phyilly wins the lottery and selects Luka 1st overall like I just got on Tankathon I'll be truly crushed 

They should take Trae

Just hit sim on Tankathon 5 times. 3 out of 5 we picked Doncic with the 2nd pick (the best timeline), 1 out of 5 we picked 7th and drafted Trae Young (the meh timeline) and the other 1 out of 5 we picked 3rd and drafted Michael Porter (the darkest timeline... seriously if we get pick 3 and take Porter I'm going to cry).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Just think that the fact of what you stated is even possible.  The lottery is there for one reason.  PR and marketing and huge television ratings.  The lottery solves nothing with respect to the intent of why you have a draft.  A draft is there to help teams struggling to get better.  Is tanking good...No!  Did the weasel Silver and his Board of Governors fix that in reforming the lottery.  No!!!!  Next year the above scenario is even more likely to happen.  And they think that will solve tanking!!  Ha,Ha, Ha!  No, it just creates more television ratings!  Just think how great the lottery is if Philly gets the 1 pick in this year's lottery and next year the Celtics (who will have the Kings pick) get the #1 pick.  Not that it will happen but Stan Van Gundy's answer to tanking is probably right--make all rookies unrestricted FA's after their first year!!  

If we’re running with the lotto conspiracy theories then maybe we’ll get #1 to pick Ayton since we have been historically a place where the generational bigs get drafted to over last 30 years.  He’s the best big prospect in a while.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just hit sim on Tankathon 5 times. 3 out of 5 we picked Doncic with the 2nd pick (the best timeline), 1 out of 5 we picked 7th and drafted Trae Young (the meh timeline) and the other 1 out of 5 we picked 3rd and drafted Michael Porter (the darkest timeline... seriously if we get pick 3 and take Porter I'm going to cry).

Tankathon is heavily slanted towards need.  If we pick 3 and Ayton and Doncic are gone I see it as JJJ, Bamba, or Bagley (whoever we value higher) as the pick.  If not I will cry with you!!!

• Upvote 1