Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

37 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If we get Trae Young or Sexton I will totally forgive "them" for not taking DSJ. If we pass on a PG again for some long fragile skinny dude that plays a position we don't really need I think I'll retire from being a Magic fan.

I'm afraid I echo your sediments

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

But what I really lament is the moves/lack of patience our previous front offices's have displayed.  Last  night Oladipo had 38 points (10 of 10 FT), S. Napier had 21 points (4-7 Three pointers), M Harklesss had 22 points (2-3 Three pointers).  And K. Kuzma (who the Lakers traded for??), who we could have got at pick 25 this year, is called a lottery pick by Durant.  Seems former Magic players/missed draft picks litter other rosters all across the NBA.  I hope this FO can make the right moves and have patience with the right players.  Not easy to rebuild, especially when so many bad decisions occur.  

I just can’t believe we’ve stuck with EP all these years. I truly believe his style of play (ball dominant) and lack of modern pg skills (e.g. pick and roll offense and defense, outside shooting, etc) have hampered this team for years.

Fortunately we are bad enough that we can go BPA if Doncic/Sexton/Young go off. Some positionless Gordon/Isaac/Porter could be fun to watch. 

43 minutes ago, Ted Stickle said:

Fortunately we are bad enough that we can go BPA if Doncic/Sexton/Young go off. Some positionless Gordon/Isaac/Porter could be fun to watch. 

No, we need to do whatever it takes to get a franchise PG. We need to lose every game for the rest of the season to make sure that that happens!

41 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No, we need to do whatever it takes to get a franchise PG. We need to lose every game for the rest of the season to make sure that that happens!

We need a franchise player.

If that's Doncic and he's there, you take him.

My Christmas wish list: Payton and Vuc accept a bench role. Can the Warriors afford to resign Klay Thompson? PG is probably out of the question as well.

Vuc has gotten better and would be great as a 6 man, but too much liability on p&r and rim protection for a starter unless we had stellar perimeter defense and we definitely don’t have that. He’s earned the right to see this through if he accepts his role. Unfortunately he is our best trade chip to clear salary or pick up a youngster with upside.

Payton absolutely drives me crazy because you can see he has the tools to be an elite defender and his shot is better; we have to give credit where credit is due, but It seems that he loses focus on the defensive end and this seems to be his biggest problem at this current time. I also think it’s hard for him to play within a system as he is more of a freestyle playground type of player. Remember Rafer Austin! I still think pulling him from the lineup when Jameer just came back from injury may have cost us that series.

7 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I'm talking strictly have done nothing but played in Europe. So that's not really a big list if you consider that's roughly 125 picks in the last 25 years. So the chances for doncic are great to be that next big thing. But trae, if he keeps playing the way he is, has a better shot at it. Imho. 

Trae Young is the player that fits the modern NBA the most. He's primed to milk that style and make us all fat cats from the teet of high tempo basketball.

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

My Christmas wish list: Payton and Vuc accept a bench role. Can the Warriors afford to resign Klay Thompson? PG is probably out of the question as well.

Vuc has gotten better and would be great as a 6 man, but too much liability on p&r and rim protection for a starter unless we had stellar perimeter defense and we definitely don’t have that. He’s earned the right to see this through if he accepts his role. Unfortunately he is our best trade chip to clear salary or pick up a youngster with upside.

Payton absolutely drives me crazy because you can see he has the tools to be an elite defender and his shot is better; we have to give credit where credit is due, but It seems that he loses focus on the defensive end and this seems to be his biggest problem at this current time. I also think it’s hard for him to play within a system as he is more of a freestyle playground type of player. Remember Rafer Austin! I still think pulling him from the lineup when Jameer just came back from injury may have cost us that series.

playing a rusty Jameer is and was the most head scratching move. I get wanting toplay him but come on man, Alston was cooking