Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

The thing is, if we're not trading up to 3 it probably means someone else is. At that point there's no reason to trade for 4. And if there's no trade Memphis or Dallas aren't drafting Trae. The earliest he's going to be picked if not for Atlanta picking him at 3 is 6. 

And if, hypothetically, someone trades ahead of us to take Trae we get Bamba or Jackson and it looks silly spending a bunch of draft capital to move up to 4. 

I agree.

But if Trae is high on their board, top 3, along with Doncic & JJJ, sitting at 6 presents the possibility that all 3 are gone. We fans loves Doncic but the FO could feel very differently. If you have the chance to trade up to 4 to get one of your guys, for a marginal cost, you got to do it. 

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

On NBA TV last night David Aldridge, in announcing Magic's pick said we have not had a point guard in 15 years then promptly selected JJJ.  It was hilarious.

People forget how good Jameer was in 08-09 before going down with the shoulder injury from Dampier.  He was torching other top-tier PGs.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

People forget how good Jammer was in 08-09 before going down with the shoulder injury from Dampier.  He was torching other top-tier PGs.

Agreed.  They are paid more for entertainment than accuracy.  It was an entertaining moment. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Schroder would be the best PG we’ve had since Rafer Alston lol 

No. He's statistically one of the least efficient and worst defensive point guard that plays major minutes in the NBA. He was 394th last year in eFG% and 98th out of 104 point guards in defensive real plus minus. There's a real argument that Payton is better. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The good news is I'm not sure there is a better offer unless we have some walking away point that's less than Dallas. 

I'm interested in the 19 pick protections. Feels like we'll stop at top 2. Dallas might get crazy and go unprotected. Who knows

I'd have no problem going unprotected. we'll be in the teens next year; either late lotto or not. I'm confident in this team.

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

I'd have no problem going unprotected. we'll be in the teens next year; either late lotto or not. I'm confident in this team.

Yeah but you always protect for 1. You never know

2 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I'd have no problem going unprotected.

This is a family forum.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

People forget how good Jameer was in 08-09 before going down with the shoulder injury from Dampier.  He was torching other top-tier PGs.

He had 1 good spike year that was more of an outlier. 

He never could defend. Was an average passer. Average driver. He was a solid PG but a better teammate and leader than actual player. His stats are completely underwhelming for as good of teams he played on. People don’t wanna hear this but the reason we didn’t win a title was because of Jameer. We were never winning a title with him. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

He never could defend. Was an average passer. Average driver. He was a solid PG but a better teammate and leader than actual player. His stats are completely underwhelming for as good of teams he played on. People don’t wanna hear this but the reason we didn’t win a title was because of Jameer. We were never winning a title with him. 

Still better than schroder

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I respect your opinion and can see how people would agree with most of what you said up until the last two sentences.  The argument about him contributing to our title loss or that he couldn't get us over the hump is farcical and improvable.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. He's statistically one of the least efficient and worst defensive point guard that plays major minutes in the NBA. He was 394th last year in eFG% and 98th out of 104 point guards in defensive real plus minus. There's a real argument that Payton is better. 

Yea I was mainly joking. Just pointing out how awful our PG’s have been for years.