Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

PG: Young/Jevon Carter 

SG: Ross 

SF: Isaac 

PF: Gordon 

C:    Not Vuch or biz. 

this is my desire, an offense/defense option at point guard, how fitting the two juggernauts of the college year would be on the same team :)

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Prediction time on this April 2, 2018. Orlando’s starting five next year will be:

PG: Brunson

SG: Fournier 

SF: Isaac

PF: Gordon 

C: Jackson Jr.

What’s your prediction for our starting five?

Young, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Biyombo

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

He WILL be able to play, the question is how much will he be able to play? Back injuries and basketball don't go well together. Besides, he really hasn't shown anything that great to take that risk when there are so many other players that will be available in the top 5 that did NOT have back surgeries. 

Dude..... No disrespect, but now you're just hating on the kid..... He left in the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st game of the season. When he returned he came back for what 2 games..... Cut him some slack. He wasn't in game shape by any means and by the way his shot was off, but he actually was pretty solid on the glass as well as getting to the FT line.

26 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Young, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Biyombo

I like The line up but you are leaving my Guy Out. How come you have Biz over Birch?

21 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

there ain't a player in this draft that would sell more tickets than Trae Young

True. But if you have to pick between Doncic or Young, who will you rather have?

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

True. But if you have to pick between Doncic or Young, who will you rather have?

wisdom says Doncic, BUT I'd throw caution to the wind and draft Young that's my personal choice but I could very well be proven wrong in 6 years. I just think his game is really exciting and would love to watch him play here

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Dude..... No disrespect, but now you're just hating on the kid..... He left in the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st game of the season. When he returned he came back for what 2 games..... Cut him some slack. He wasn't in game shape by any means and by the way his shot was off, but he actually was pretty solid on the glass as well as getting to the FT line.

Dude, no disrespect but I'm pretty knowledgeable about back injuries and they just don't do well with the rigorous jarring backs get while playing basketball. There are great prospects that should be strongly considered before possibly damaged goods. I'm not hating the kid at all, I just don't want to see us blow a great lottery pick on another guy that possibly spends more time rehabbing than being on the court.  Isaac is our designated player for that.

Let me give you a good comparison. You are looking to buy a used car 1 year old with 15,000 miles on it. There are 2 identical cars except one was in an accident, the frame was damaged,  and was repaired, the other had no accidents. They are the same price. Which one do you buy?

7 hours ago, magicblue said:

And for the 68th time please explain in detail how you would have built this “winning team” going back to right after the Howard trade. Please enlighten us all

Ah, bringing back unpleasant memories of 5-6 years ago when if you had any doubts about Henningan being a genius, you got posts like this telling you to shut up unless you could be a better GM.  This is no better than the argument someone made recently that certain sportswriters weren't qualified to write because they hadn't themselves won any championships.

I'm no GM.  I have a different job.  I don't spend all my time evaluating players.  I don't have a staff who evaluates players reporting to me.  I don't have conversations with other GM's.  I don't talk to our coach. 

I dislike the tanking strategy for reasons I have posted many times.  I prefer maximizing what you have, as we did with "heart and hustle".  There are plenty of reputable basketball people who also eschew tanking.  Instead of addressing that with reasoned discussion, as have many others in posts above, you would rather throw rocks with posts like this.  Fine.  Doesn't seem to have the backing it had about 5 years ago, though, after people have seen what the Magic have gone through the past 5 years.  You might need to come up with a new gig.