Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Guys,  the 2018-2019 season is just around the corner with much to be excited about! Developments in Isaacs strength and playing time, our teams health as a whole, free agent signings, possible trades, possibly 3 new draft picks and lots surprises more. I am excited!

On 3/23/2018 at 8:23 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

OK so here's where we are at with the tankathon.

If we don't win another game we probably finish tied for 3rd worst with 22 wins unless Phoenix or Memphis goes on a tear and beats the other tankers, then we finish 1st or 2nd.

If we beat Atlanta we finish 4th worst at worst

If we win 3 games we probably finish 5th at worst

If we win 5 games we probably finish tied for 6th at worst

Chicago (24) should beat us and then the Nets twice so potentially = 27 wins minimum

Sacramento (24) should beat Phoenix and Memphis so = 26 wins minimum

Phoenix (19) will finish 1st or 2nd worst they have Dallas, and Sac left. 

Atlanta (21) only has us left in the bottom dwellers sweepstakes if they win = 22 wins minimum if we win = 21 wins

Dallas (23) has us and Phoenix and should beat us and Phoenix = 25 wins minimum

Memphis (19) only has Sac left so they shouldn't win another game = 20 wins minimum

Brooklyn (23) has us, Phoenix, Memphis, and Sac and should beat us all = 26 wins minimum

We are at 22 wins so if we lose the rest = 22

So here ya' go if we all tank it out:

Phoenix 19

Memphis 20

Magic 22

Atlanta 22

Dallas 25

Brooklyn 26

Chicago 27

If we were to beat Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn

Phoenix 19

Memphis 20

Atlanta 21

Dallas 24

Brooklyn 25

Chicago 26

Magic 26

So there you go! We should finish between 3rd and tied for 6th worst so at least we have the security of knowing we should have a top 7 pick. Earlier I was thinking we'd win too many games and finish 7-9th. There is still the possibility that NY doesn't win another game which sticks them at 26 and moves us to 27 wins if we beat them and Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, and Brooklyn and picking 8th. I'd be OK with 2 more meaningless wins and picking 5th but I hope that we go the other way and pick 3rd.

For those of you that missed this!

21 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

so is it impossible for us to pick 8th?

It is very possible.  We have 9 games left in our schedule with likely 6 of them winnable. We have Brooklin and Chicago at home in March. 2 likely wins. In April we play Atlanta, New York and Dallas(at home). 3 more winnable games. The other 4 games are with Charlotte and Washington(at home) and toronto and Milwaukee. If we win one of those four then we are at 6 wins. 6/9 wins will put us at 28 wins. New York and Chicago schedule looks tough. If new york wins one game ( only easy game is against us) then they also end at 28. Chicago will likely split with New Jersey but still will finish under 28 wins. 

That will put  us tied at #8 or #9 if we win that New York game. 

40 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is very possible.  We have 9 games left in our schedule with likely 6 of them winnable. We have Brooklin and Chicago at home in March. 2 likely wins. In April we play Atlanta, New York and Dallas(at home). 3 more winnable games. The other 4 games are with Charlotte and Washington(at home) and toronto and Milwaukee. If we win one of those four then we are at 6 wins. 6/9 wins will put us at 28 wins. New York and Chicago schedule looks tough. If new york wins one game ( only easy game is against us) then they also end at 28. Chicago will likely split with New Jersey but still will finish under 28 wins. 

That will put  us tied at #8 or #9 if we win that New York game. 

If we beat the Brooklyn Cavaliers, we are absolute idiots!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

this draft is so deep. I'm not so certain that Josh Jackson is 4 picks better than Mikal Bridges,  you guys?

I have no idea how to judge bridges.  I could see him being Jimmy butler and looking back and thinking what idiots we were discounting his crazy efficiency in all scoring types and he just needed a team to ask him to do more.  I could also see him being Terrence ross and sit here thinking "why were you so excited about him? This is why the front of the draft is dominated by freshmen. The upperclassmen have less room to improve"

He's the most interesting prospect to me for pure career outcome  because i feel like we can learn a lot about how to scout juniors from him

58 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If we beat the Brooklyn Cavaliers, we are absolute idiots!!!!!!

We are absolute idiots if we win any of our remaining meaningless games, but I'm sure we'll win several against teams that want a better pick. Thankfully this draft is deep enough that we will get a good player regardless of where we pick, we just won't have a shot at the big name guys that we'll be watching the tankers pick.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Guys,  the 2018-2019 season is just around the corner with much to be excited about! Developments in Isaacs strength and playing time, our teams health as a whole, free agent signings, possible trades, possibly 3 new draft picks and lots surprises more. I am excited!

We have a lousy team that will probably be reeling into a demoralized summer if they lose out as all you guys hope. I guess the lesson that’s it’s not so easy to just “turn off” the losing hasn’t sunk in yet, even after six years.  Maybe it will in another six. 

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We have a lousy team that will probably be reeling into a demoralized summer if they lose out as all you guys hope. I guess the lesson that’s it’s not so easy to just “turn off” the losing hasn’t sunk in yet, even after six years.  Maybe it will in another six. 

I'm hoping that we will have a LOT of new faces to start next season. I'm really looking forward to see whAt kind of winning culture we can build with defense at ALL positions and no more layup drills.

• Upvote 1