Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic Lace Up for the Pacers

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Or do you guys secretly love the nik and Evan show. For me I cringe every time Evan drives into 2 or 3 guys in the lane, but that's just me being silly. 

I want Vuch outta here. I think his outlook, his lack of desire to defend, his consistent whining about offense and starting vs bench but no passion defensively , has contributed to the losing culture.

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Or would do you guys secretly love the nik and Evan show. For me I cringe every time Evan drives into 2 or 3 guys in the lane, but that's just me being silly. 

"We should probably move on from Payton given the contract issue at the end of the year requiring a long term commitment to a guy who hasn't shown the consistency to be worth the investment" and "Fournier and vucevic play a two man game too often" aren't opposing arguments.  Payton can be bad and vucevic can be bad and Fournier can be too focused on vucevic at the same time

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I want Vuch outta here. I think his outlook, his lack of desire to defend, his consistent whining about offense and starting vs bench but no passion defensively , has contributed to the losing culture.

I agree wholeheartedly. I want to keep Payton but I am not opposed to getting an upgrade. If Ep does not get better as his health improves. Then yea move on. 

I believe with our team who has no stars and rely on ball movement need a PG that can shoot and spread the floor and hopefully play some D. I feel that is why we had a good run with Augustine because of spreading the floor even though he gets killed on D. Augustine is far from the answer though! It would be one thing if EP played good D, but he doesn’t! so your left with a good passer who is inconsistent. EP is a back up PG! He has value, but not a starter on a good team. Unfortunately he won’t surcomb to that until his next team. It’s evident more then ever in the modern NBA: you have to be able to shoot and defend multiple positions; something EP struggles with on both fronts; granted he gambles and gets a few good steals here and there but agressive points kill us every time. As a point guard on our team you can’t let the opposing point blow by you to be met by Vuce, that’s a recipe for disaster; just look how many points teams are getting in our paint. Believe me, it kills me to admit we got shafted by Philly in that trade, but sometimes you have to say: you got me! I think the new front office will turn things around, but it will take time. 

I'm not the biggest Payton supporter or hater but from what I've seen from EP is that his biggest problem is that he does not have that hustle balls to the wall mentality that players like AG and Russ have and if you're not a great shooter than you have to be able to possess constant energy and movement on the offensive and defensive end. This can be fixed by EP. In my opinion the biggest problem with our team is VUC, I've never seen a player that just doesn't care like he does. 

13 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

I'm not the biggest Payton supporter or hater but from what I've seen from EP is that his biggest problem is that he does not have that hustle balls to the wall mentality that players like AG and Russ have and if you're not a great shooter than you have to be able to possess constant energy and movement on the offensive and defensive end. This can be fixed by EP. In my opinion the biggest problem with our team is VUC, I've never seen a player that just doesn't care like he does. 

Don't think it can be fixed.

I think that's who he is.

58 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

he doesn't bring it every game. It's the biggest criticism I have had of him, and now in year 4 I don't think he's much closer to fixing it. 

I still like Vucevic because for the most part you know what you're getting from him: good rebounding, average defense, above average offensive efficiency. His 3point shooting this season has impressed me a lot though. Regardless of what I think I see on the court, it's hard for me to say he doesn't care when he's added that shot in his 7th season. He could've easily done without and coasted through to his next contract. He's put in work and it shows on the court. Hope he keeps it up.

I think Vuc is good if you have perimeter players that seal off the paint, which we don’t, especially at the point. I like the spread 5 if you have the right personnel. Otherwise you get killed in the paint like we are. I’ve heard from sources close to the situation that EP can be lazy. Defense is mainly effort and commitment, that’s what I love about JSimms. You can’t really teach consistent D, the player either has that fighter mentality instilled in them or they don’t. I think that was Skiles revelation. I see glimpses of it, but not often enough; frankly it’s been a big tease.

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I still can’t believe Payton hasn’t cut his hair. Perhaps that’s contributing to his 37% FT percentage.

cutting his hair is about the only hope I have in his development 

• Upvote 1