Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Payton +12 tonight. Just thought I would mention a useless stat. Thanks bye. 

You'd hope he could outplay Harrison and a Memphis team without a win in February.  

Do you think there are Suns fans out there that are excited about getting Payton? They're probably out there thinking, "Wow, the Magic got fleeced again. Second round pick, we robbed them." Then reality starts to set in fifteen to twenty games later.

45 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Do you think there are Suns fans out there that are excited about getting Payton? They're probably out there thinking, "Wow, the Magic got fleeced again. Second round pick, we robbed them." Then reality starts to set in fifteen to twenty games later.

And that 2nd round pick is likely to be in the low 30's!

I just gotta say that it pisses me off to know that I was right about Mario all along. If you go back and look at any of my post about him, I kept saying that Vogel was an idiot for not giving him any playing time and that if your not using him send him to the D league to gain some confidence. Now he will probably walk away and we get nothing. When Mario is on the court lately he looks like the bes player out there on our team. 

17 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

I just gotta say that it pisses me off to know that I was right about Mario all along. If you go back and look at any of my post about him, I kept saying that Vogel was an idiot for not giving him any playing time and that if your not using him send him to the D league to gain some confidence. Now he will probably walk away and we get nothing. When Mario is on the court lately he looks like the bes player out there on our team. 

Agreed. Even with all the mistakes he looks like our most complete offensive player. Fournier is a tremendoua shooter but that's it

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. Even with all the mistakes he looks like our most complete offensive player. Fournier is a tremendoua shooter but that's it

While sometimes Mario tries to force some fancy stuff, he is also probably the most creative passer on the team. There seem to be multiple passes a game now from him where you just look at the pass and think "wow". Unfortunately, teammates are not always on the same page (I think he had a quick one touch pass to Mack last game that Mack wasn't ready for but would have put Mack right under the basket, but might have the wrong player). And his chemistry with Biyombo is unreal.

Honestly, perhaps the best passer in the league who is only averaging 1 assist per game (and I don't really mean to be insulting by saying that). I think the only reasons he doesn't have more is that (1) he often is expected to play off the ball in catch and shoot or give and go situations, and (2) his dribble, while better and more confident than the beginning of the year, still is suspect so he struggles to get into the defense and initiate like a point guard.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TRU BELIEVER said:

The thing is prior to having his extension turned down he wasn't lighting any fires and most people/teams around the league were questioning if he'd even be in the NBA next year. I hope we somehow manage to sign him for a 1 year deal then a great contract the following year. Although we can't offer as much as other teams we have no state taxes and arguably the best weather in the country. Maybe if he's offered the starting position he may stay?