Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just so you guys have a good idea of our future cap if we max Gordon. We'd have no money this summer.  But next summer, assuming we get the number one pick in this draft and can't move Fournier, Augustin, or biyombo we'd have 25-30 million in cap space if we stretched biyombo

22 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Just so you guys have a good idea of our future cap if we max Gordon. We'd have no money this summer.  But next summer, assuming we get the number one pick in this draft and can't move Fournier, Augustin, or biyombo we'd have 25-30 million in cap space if we stretched biyombo

Can you explain stretching a contract?

52 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Just pay Aaron, were not gonna need to pay another max until 2021 anyways. 

the truth sets in, ouch

I'm sure we will.

I think teams are just low balling us on guys we really would like to trade and we're just either using AG for conversation bait or to see if we can attach one of those guys or two with AG to see if we can get something, in my Uncle Eddie from Christmas Vacation movie, "really niiiice".

23 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Can you explain stretching a contract?

You can waive a player but then have his cap hit spread out over multiple years.  You get (years remaining) x2+1

So 16 months from now biyombo would be on a 1 year 17 million deal.  Stretching him turns that into a 5.67 million a year for 3 years contract for cap purposes

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ML6 said:

You don’t justify losing your best player with a high ceiling because the rest of your contracts are bad.  You do your job as a GM and get out from under those bad contracts, not the opposite. 

If a restaurant had one amazing dish that kept people coming in and a bunch of ****ty ones that no one ate, it would be self-defeating to stop serving the good dish. They would benefit more from improving the rest of the menu, wouldn’t they? 

What you say makes total sense I just have very little faith in our organization making the right choice. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Agree with all but EP. Cutting his hair thing is getting old. His defense is horrible not because of hair.

It's just a tired joke at this point. Like my life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Just pay Aaron, were not gonna need to pay another max until 2021 anyways. 

the truth sets in, ouch

The truth is that he is not a max player. 

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The truth is that he is not a max player. 

But he potentially is- that is what you are paying for.

Just like Oladipo wasn’t worth his contract last year, but is probably more than worth it this year.