Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So Henny’s grand plan was to have this lineup last year, assuming Vooch was traded?

PG: Payton, Augustin 

SG: Fournier, Hezonja 

SF: Gordon, Green

PF: Ibaka

C: Biz

No wonder he was fired. 

Well, we would've gotten someone for Vuc, but that still looks pretty terrible.

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So Henny’s grand plan was to have this lineup last year, assuming Vooch was traded?

No wonder he was fired. 

That was actually one of our better lineups last year.  102.3 offensive rating 100 defensive rating.  Only 89 minutes though.

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

That was actually one of our better lineups last year.  102.3 offensive rating 100 defensive rating.  Only 89 minutes though.

So we really don't have any idea what kind of lineup it was.

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

No wonder he was fired. 

Nah. I think it was

EP

Dipo, Fournier

Harris

AG

Vuch

With the plan on seeing what progresses and possibly liquidating assets the way Ainge did.

Then we hired Skiles who wanted nothing to do with Harris. Henny did his job to get Skiles his boys. Then Martins was like "Ok my bad. Win now moves." Vogel was like " ermahgerd AG next PG. Get me a stretch big, a shooting backup PG, and a defensive backup big who might seat Vuch."

Voila!

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Nah.  Only 20 games.  Probably should have seen it more though

Yeah, when we traded for Ibaka and signed Biz I thought the plan was to play them both at the same time. We never really found out if it would work.

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Yeah, when we traded for Ibaka and signed Biz I thought the plan was to play them both at the same time. We never really found out if it would work.

Hell we didn't even try Ibaka at center a whole lot.

Ya know the more I think about it the more I start to feel that Vogel doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

No matter who our so called "starters" are we need to finish close games with our best 5 defenders. DJ-Ross-Simmons-AG-Biz. I hate the way we just dump our starters back  in the last part of the 4th regardless of how they are playing.

34 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. I think it was

EP

Dipo, Fournier

Harris

AG

Vuch

Man we lost some strong young assets. I can’t believe we weren’t more patient to wait for more development or better trades.

Nikola Vucevic: “I know more than anybody, that this team has taken some big hits and has been through a lot.. I really think I’m the guy who wants this team to win the most, and right now all we can do is keep fighting.”

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Nikola Vucevic: “I know more than anybody, that this team has taken some big hits and has been through a lot.. I really think I’m the guy who wants this team to win the most, and right now all we can do is keep fighting.”

That almost sounds like a shot at the other players. Maybe he means because he's been here the longest.

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No matter who our so called "starters" are we need to finish close games with our best 5 defenders. DJ-Ross-Simmons-AG-Biz. I hate the way we just dump our starters back  in the last part of the 4th regardless of how they are playing.

That's how Fizdale got fired. Gotta stroke the ol ego.